The troubling trend of two pages for one scenario…

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't care for two-page scenarios, especially multiple two-page scenarios in the same product. It gets really irritating when you pull out a scenario card you had brought because you were interested in playing it, only to discover that it was a two pager and you only brought the first page. And when there are multiple two pagers in a product it gets more difficult to keep track of what's what and how many scenario cards there are total, etc.
So you are saying you can't track pages...I find that astounding as a man with your advanced degrees.

Perhaps you need to follow the advice upstream regarding scanning cards...after all you seem to upgrade moving your physical kit/counters around with your new transport system. Seems your "famous" binder of scenarios...needs to become "Mark's kindle" or other proxy device...

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a scenario is exciting, innovative, balanced and looks like a blast to play, two pages is completely fine by me. Maybe just a little more work as some have pointed out, but if it is a gem, sign me up.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Perhaps the problem is not with our scenarios but with ourselves; perhaps scenarios need to be printed on bigger sheets of paper. Legal is just too funky a size. Eleven by seventeen good for everyone?

JR

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I am old...I am not discouraging discussion I merely pointing out where another old guy (though much fitter than I am...wish you safe climb of Kilimanjaro) gets an "irritated" stomach for a scenario that runs over two cards. You asked an open ended question "anyone else irritated"...I merely said no...I can handle that form of card.

I see what you think is "discussion" what you really mean is a following... followers just follow...they don't question...discussion is for those with a mix of views...on any given topic. To include suggesting you need to be less of an old fart. If you can handle thin air you can handle a scenario on 2 cards.
I already climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro...

I don't mind negative comments or opposing arguments at all. If I did I wouldn't post comments like, "Bocage sucks!" I expect to hear all sides from different players, which is why I asked the question.

What I don't like is someone trying to shut down the conversation with, "nothing else to see here, move along." comments.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't care for two-page scenarios, especially multiple two-page scenarios in the same product. It gets really irritating when you pull out a scenario card you had brought because you were interested in playing it, only to discover that it was a two pager and you only brought the first page. And when there are multiple two pagers in a product it gets more difficult to keep track of what's what and how many scenario cards there are total, etc.
I don't mind a few in a pack, especially if you can get both pages to open up in your notebook, so you can see the whole scenario. But, in FW scenarios MMP printed both sides of Hey, That Ain't a Rok and Bullets for Breakfast on the same cards, so you can't divide them and see both sides of both scenarios in your notebook.

LFT made it even worse by including the extra pages of 3 scenarios on one page, and combined the extra pages of 2 scenarios on one page three times (6 total scenarios). So, the scenarios are split up all over the place.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I already climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro...

I don't mind negative comments or opposing arguments at all. If I did I wouldn't post comments like, "Bocage sucks!" I expect to hear all sides from different players, which is why I asked the question.

What I don't like is someone trying to shut down the conversation with, "nothing else to see here, move along." comments.
+1x to the climb.

So you can't hack "nothing to see here, move along"? Really? the is so OTT for you? I have crossed the Rubicon and likewise all who have in one form or another agreed with my push back?. So let us get this straight we all have attempted to shut you down? Really? That is your position? You are better than this ....

I am not very tech inclined...but can some one dispatch 911 to Rob's house I think he is suffering from having summited Kilimanjaro.

Last edited: