Status of Peleliu HASL

Blofeld

Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Around 4:20 min the name is mentioned. I think this man is an expert about this matter. :D

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its "Peh' - leh - loo" according to a friend of mine from Samoa who has visited Peleliu before. Or you can just use the BFP abbreviation and call it the "Loo"......which is not like a British loo.........
I believe that's how it's lain out for pronunciation in Marine writings of the battle and sounds correct as pronounced by a friend of mine that was stationed there a few years back building some structures on the island.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just looking to see if there are any updates on this HASL. I'm really waiting for a preorder announcement!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actual release date would be set by Chas. Still playtesting scenarios but mostly just for fun now as they are in very good shape...should be after fifteen plus years of playing. Happy with the results of the CG too....I've played it three times and it seems well balanced and fun. Rick still needs to make the final print run map (about 30% bigger then RB's map so that could take a bit of time to complete. We just need to decide where in the print/release queue it will go. Next up is the Operation Neptune HASL, plus we are working on at least three other future projects as a group. I am working on several others as well. Peleliu is basically done.....where to put it, where to put it?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actual release date would be set by Chas. Still playtesting scenarios but mostly just for fun now as they are in very good shape...should be after fifteen plus years of playing. Happy with the results of the CG too....I've played it three times and it seems well balanced and fun. Rick still needs to make the final print run map (about 30% bigger then RB's map so that could take a bit of time to complete. We just need to decide where in the print/release queue it will go. Next up is the Operation Neptune HASL, plus we are working on at least three other future projects as a group. I am working on several others as well. Peleliu is basically done.....where to put it, where to put it?
I am so looking forward to this! Print it when you can. I hope ASLer's are as psyched as I am.

What is the Operation Neptune HASL?

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP's Peleliu HASL map will be the actual terrain that is represented in ASL 72 "Sea of Tranquility," correct?
How I wish BFP's Peleliu module was next in the queue!!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP's Peleliu HASL map will be the actual terrain that is represented in ASL 72 "Sea of Tranquility," correct?
How I wish BFP's Peleliu module was next in the queue!!
Yes. In fact the map covering the scenario related to that action looks like this (note this is just the playtest map. The production map will look a lot nicer):

And to give you an idea of where that is on the full map, here is the area this segment covers in the big picture

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. In fact the map covering the scenario related to that action looks like this (note this is just the playtest map. The production map will look a lot nicer):
View attachment 12424

And to give you an idea of where that is on the full map, here is the area this segment covers in the big picture
View attachment 12425
Don't take this the wrong way Rich, but, DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!! Oh well, there goes more of my life's savings. ;-)

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 12424

View attachment 12425
Thank you for posting these!
How many years before this is published?

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look at that landing beach! Amphibious landing, Umurbrogol Mountains airfield etc Bring it! :D

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the section which represents the Umurbrogol Pocket, my mind boggles at the possibilities for creativity in Cave/Cave Complex setup(s).
Learning the Cave rules when "Gung Ho!" was released was an absolute joy, and playing "Sea of Tranquility" was a dream come true.
Is this not one of the most unique HASLs to be released (when it is!)?

Really looking forward to this (HINT HINT)!

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the section which represents the Umurbrogol Pocket, my mind boggles at the possibilities for creativity in Cave/Cave Complex setup(s).
Learning the Cave rules when "Gung Ho!" was released was an absolute joy, and playing "Sea of Tranquility" was a dream come true.
Is this not one of the most unique HASLs to be released (when it is!)?

Really looking forward to this (HINT HINT)!
Nothing like it since BRT.