Removing (a bit of) luck from ASL

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As for the VASL dicebot, I have provided the numbers. But again, here you go.

von Marwitz
These numbers are kinda bogus because people have to upload their logs, which means there's some human intervention skewing the results. I.e. people are more likely to upload their logs if they've had a good or bad VASL session.

Since VASL uses random.org you should refer to their statistics page.

-Sully

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
These numbers are kinda bogus because people have to upload their logs, which means there's some human intervention skewing the results. I.e. people are more likely to upload their logs if they've had a good or bad VASL session.

Since VASL uses random.org you should refer to their statistics page.

-Sully
Well, and what is the outcome of the difference of the random.org statistics compared to those presented?
Do you think that the possible difference does really make any significant difference?

Besides:
Usually, if one side feels that it had "good" VASL session is rather likely that the other side feels that he had a "bad" one. By copying/pasting the log, the results for both sides entered the statistics of the ASL scenario archive.
Furthermore I would guess that especially the frequent users of that function entered all their sessions (for which to be taken into account a minimum of 50 DRs per side as far as I recall was a prerequisite which helped to even out short sprees of good or bad luck).

von Marwitz

Jobbo_Fett

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't engage the strawman "only good or bad plays get uploaded to the VASL Log, yet I have no way of proving it".

Don't mean to offend but its a pretty wild claim.

And with regards to deviation and averages, and who are against von's point of view... get out your physical dice, you've all got lile 3 dozen from the modules alone. Take an hour and roll 100 times and tell me what your average is and why the established average that has existed since human figured out ratios and blended that with dice games is wrong. You've got a breakthrough in maths and a nobel prize awaiting you.