Mines in a Wire hex. Which goes first ?

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
When you have mines in a wire hex and a vehicle enters, which is conducted first ?

The Bog DR ?

The mine attacks ?

It matters because a FT AFV could remove the wire (with a clr 1 Bog DR).

Anyone got any clues on this one ?

John.

buser333

Reaction score
When you have mines in a wire hex and a vehicle enters, which is conducted first ?

The Bog DR ?

The mine attacks ?

It matters because a FT AFV could remove the wire (with a clr 1 Bog DR).

Anyone got any clues on this one ?

John.
According to the ASoP it looks like bog (3.32A) trumps mines (3.35D)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to the ASoP it looks like bog (3.32A) trumps mines (3.35D)
Looked at this as well and Step 3.32A refers to Bog removal at the start of the MPh (D8.3). I don't think it really matters as one event doesn't seem to preclude the other Step as 3.35D seems to only mention entering minefields and entering into wire doesn't seem to be mentioned at all. Now B26.43 does state that whenever a vehicle enters a wire location it must check for Bog (seemingly regardless of the fact it had also been hit by a mine) and B26.51 states how, if a fully tracked vehicle, it may remove the wire and refers to it as part and parcel of D8.21. I suppose if one assumes these actions are not simultaneous (and there seems to be no rule/exception to state as such within the wording of both B26 & B28 rules), one could simply use the adage that Wire (B26) occurs in the ASLRB prior to Minefields (B28) but believe that to be a specious argument. (JMHO):unsure: