Korean HASL from LFT!

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi;

Around 100 € + ; it is a thick module, with 2 x HASL inside and quite a lot of material.

View attachment 10447View attachment 10448View attachment 10449View attachment 10450

Working on them, but our schedule has been a bit erratic;

View attachment 10453

They should be released mid to late 2020, with several updates that include Korea, of course.

Cheers,

X
Lovely! Set me up for one copy pls.

How large are the HASLs in Squads/Vehicle density and length of CGs? How varied are the purchases?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Smith's Ridge is 11 dates long (from Sept 22 AM 1950 through Sept 25 PM, 3 scenarios being playable during a full day) and Seoul is 8 dates long (from 25 AM to 27 PM).

There are quite a lot of Squads but not many vehicles though. Haven't counted though :)

As far as the variety, US / UN player has more than 30 assets to purchase, while the KPA has 25 to chose from.

10463 10464

Hope this helps :)

X

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Xavier,

I should have asked you what is the story behind this product please. Whose idea was it? Who developed it (was it the same people behind Cholm)? Why choose Seoul? How much playtesting did you do? Forgotten War only came out in 2018 so congratulations to you and your team on such a quick turnaround.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This started development long before the release of Forgotten War, many years before in fact.

JR
A happy co-incidence then :) And I will not have to punch my Forgotten War counters ?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A happy co-incidence then :) And I will not have to punch my Forgotten War counters ?
I am not sure if it uses Forgotten War counters. It is North Koreans, not CPVA, so it uses Soviet counters on the Communist side. The Imperialist side uses Marines, but it has new vehicles and aircraft and Korean Marine Corps troops, and they may be included.

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier,

I should have asked you what is the story behind this product please. Whose idea was it? Who developed it (was it the same people behind Cholm)? Why choose Seoul? How much playtesting did you do? Forgotten War only came out in 2018 so congratulations to you and your team on such a quick turnaround.
I am the designer (same chap as did KGS, and a portion of the PTers were the same as with KGS). I selected this b/c it is a two phase battle with a rural component (map and scenarios) and then an urban battles (map and scenarios). It is really two HASLs in one box. I was a co-designer on FW, so was fully aware of all aspects of that module. Fight for Seoul (FFS) was in development in tandem so to speak. FFS is not a 'quick' turn around.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will this have the Soul Train Station? Will there be T-34/85's which saw action there? Will the Rules be Red barricades like or KGS like IE light chrome for RB vs heavy chrome as is in KGS?

thanks

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi;

Around 100 € + ; it is a thick module, with 2 x HASL inside and quite a lot of material.

View attachment 10447View attachment 10448View attachment 10449View attachment 10450

Working on them, but our schedule has been a bit erratic;

View attachment 10453

They should be released mid to late 2020, with several updates that include Korea, of course.

Cheers,

X
The USMC counter art is excellent! The images remind me of that famous photograph taken during the battle of Okinawa. The 'napalm Corsair ' will no doubt come in handy during other Korea scenarios as well.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will this have the Soul Train Station? Will there be T-34/85's which saw action there? Will the Rules be Red barricades like or KGS like IE light chrome for RB vs heavy chrome as is in KGS?

thanks
Yes the train station is on the Seoul map and features in a scenario and CG. T34/85s did not see action at**** the train station. They fought across town in a night action at the "Normal School" and yes there is a scenario on that epic night action. My favorite scenario in the box...

There are new types of terrain to deal with, so those requires new rules (not chrome...just plain rule), the CG system is based off RB. KGS is "chromeier".

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Joe :)

I should have asked you what is the story behind this product please. Whose idea was it? Who developed it (was it the same people behind Cholm)?
Exactly, and my answer is already late :)

Why choose Seoul?
As Andy wrote: 2 historical battles in one, one CG preceding the other.

How much playtesting did you do?
You should be aware that many of our detractors think that we just never playtest anything (or that we're drunk when doing so)... but JRV and Andy already gave you a hint, since it's been around 5 years we're working on it.

Forgotten War only came out in 2018 so congratulations to you and your team on such a quick turnaround.
Thanks Joe, but it's not been quick at all, even though I perfectly understand what you mean :)

Best,

X

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Xavier - please rest assured that I am not one of your detractors. I have enjoyed all your products and look forward to more, especially Kohima :)

I even enjoy the cartoons, but having played Alexandre at Villeneuve I would like to point out that he is not THAT slow.

Thank you to you and Justiciar for the replies.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The images remind me of that famous photograph taken during the battle of Okinawa.
That was exactly the inspiration, glad you noticed it! We try to use actual footage when possible as a source. For the USMC, those photos where so lively it was an evidence to use them with only small modifications.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Joe :)

Xavier - please rest assured that I am not one of your detractors.

I have enjoyed all your products and look forward to more, especially Kohima :)
?

I even enjoy the cartoons, but having played Alexandre at Villeneuve I would like to point out that he is not THAT slow.
I think I will have to report to the moderators.... ;)

Thank you to you and Justiciar for the replies.
To you for your kind words Joe :)

Best,

X

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Xavier why do you insist in making my life more expensive :)..........many thanks to you and the LFT team for what is no doubt going to be another great product.
Just sell some more trophies that you won........

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Derek - good to hear from you (again). You'll be disappointed to learn that your trophy was worth 99p to someone............which is 99p more than Nige gave me two years ago?

Last edited:

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Derek - good to hear from you. You'll be disappointed to learn that your trophy was worth 99p to someone............which is 99p more than Nige gave me two years ago?
Excellent, plus of course the fiver for P&P.......

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Thanks Derek - good to hear from you (again). You'll be disappointed to learn that your trophy was worth 99p to someone............which is 99p more than Nige gave me two years ago?
I would have paid 199p for it :). After all, I probably paid several hundred (Brexit-devaluated) £ for diesel, bridge, parking, flight, bus, taxi, accommodation, registration, et cetera to get my first ASL trophy ever at the event in London. But maybe my trophy is worth more now that London ASL is no more :).