Korean HASL from LFT!

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Still under (active) development. We are to release a FTC in the next few months before summer, then the next projects to come will be a France 40 module and Korea (not necessarily in that order). This will depend on Xavier professional obligations of course.

thively

Reaction score
Still under (active) development. We are to release a FTC in the next few months before summer, then the next projects to come will be a France 40 module and Korea (not necessarily in that order). This will depend on Xavier professional obligations of course.
France 40, excellent! Any chance it will have an HASL map?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Thanks you Joe, I am glad that Shaun is doing ok and that he is back on the tournaments and ASL scene. Nevertheless, I am a bit surprised ... Just read above post # 33. I have still received absolutely nothing from him.

What that leaves open for LFT is to design a campaign game for it. Shaun has no interest in doing that.
So LFT should do what Shaun doesn't want?.....?

Craig stated that because it is in the nature of the Japanese to fade away a campaign game might not be appropriate. My response was that there are some great people at LFT and why not give them the opportunity to have a look?
We owe you a beer ?

In order for that to happen Shaun needs to do the following: finish the map. He wants to change some stuff. I think that he wanted to delete some of the jungle on the left of the map.
I am also surprised about the map, since Tom Repetti had already finished it many years ago and it seems weird that now, something has to be changed. Steve also told me that it was finished. And by the way, LFT has all the material: map, scenarios, CG, even the countersheets. But in memory of Eddie Zeman and what HoB did in due time, and thanks to Steve, we didn't want to publish it without properly developing the module as HoB would have done it, or as we did it with Operation Chariot or Cholm.

design the SSR's. For instance there is a ridge so steep that running up it would be impossible - so no CX / Double Time. As an ASL idiot I pleaded with him to go light on the rules :).
Once he has finalised that he could pass it to you Xavier and your team to see if they could come up with a campaign game. The scenario's are his to design / finalise.
Well, thus far I was open to any suggestion, but as my fellow LFT members wrote above, we are currently completing a new issue of FTC and working on a couple of HASL (with historical maps, yes). I thank you for your email Joe, but I was expecting an email from Shaun on my mailbox and as I wrote, the least I can say is that all this is kinda surprising....

I hope that this is of some help - it's all that I am good for. I did give Shaun my email and told him if he wants some playtesting by a crappy ASL player feel free to get in contact?
It is, Joe, definitely :) Will talk with Steve about this and time will tell what we decide to do. We have sooooooo many other projects... :)

Best,

X

PS: an extra piece of information: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/shaun-carter-check-your-emails-please.150172/

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Xavier - merely trying to help - my sincere apologies if I got it wrong. That was the conversation that I had with Shaun at Blackpool. I will leave both of you to talk.

Good luck with this module and the others - and thank you and your team for some great products. Although you have cost me money over the years :)

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have eventually received an email, 4 months after my first try. More later...

X
This reminds me of a meeting I had eeeoons ago somewhere in Asia .. where my counterparts proudly told me they installed internet and email .. and that emails from [the capital city] "take only 24 hours to arrive!!!"

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So - Shaun was at Blackpool last weekend for Heroes 2019. Instead of a beer he wanted a glass of Merlot :)

We talked and some things came out of that conversation. Shaun has been through a tough time that made him drop ASL and Kohima. Things are looking up for him now (hence his attendance at the tourny) and he would like to get Kohima finished. He does not want anyone else to do it, because it is his baby. Entirely understandable. He wants to finish the scenarios himself. Craig Ben, one of the UK's best players and PTO fanatic, was sitting on the couch as Shaun and I were talking and he volunteered to do some playtesting for Shaun later in the year. Shaun realised that everyone thinks what he is doing is a fantastic piece of work and that people there wanted to help him get it finished and available for us all to play.

What that leaves open for LFT is to design a campaign game for it. Shaun has no interest in doing that. Craig stated that because it is in the nature of the Japanese to fade away a campaign game might not be appropriate. My response was that there are some great people at LFT and why not give them the opportunity to have a look?

In order for that to happen Shaun needs to do the following:

• finish the map. He wants to change some stuff. I think that he wanted to delete some of the jungle on the left of the map.
  • design the SSR's. For instance there is a ridge so steep that running up it would be impossible - so no CX / Double Time. As an ASL idiot I pleaded with him to go light on the rules :).
Once he has finalised that he could pass it to you Xavier and your team to see if they could come up with a campaign game. The scenario's are his to design / finalise.

I hope that this is of some help - it's all that I am good for. I did give Shaun my email and told him if he wants some playtesting by a crappy ASL player feel free to get in contact?
KWASL steep hills should help.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
KWASL steep hills should help.
I have not opened my forgotten war yet - does that have rules for steep hills? If it does someone needs to tell Shaun before he goes and makes some new rules.......

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
A great looking map from an excellent producer! So nice to see new Korea products in the pipeline.
Apparently not everyone is "sick of Korea already".
Cannot get dick of it if you have never tried it is the best policy?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi;

Wow looks ace. Any pricing info?
Around 100 € + ; it is a thick module, with 2 x HASL inside and quite a lot of material.

Any news on reprints of rat charts ?
Working on them, but our schedule has been a bit erratic;

They should be released mid to late 2020, with several updates that include Korea, of course.

Cheers,

X