Advancing Fire Team - Biazza Ridge

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
We announce that our Biazza Ridge Sicily pack is very near to the release. The pack will contain one campaign game and nine scenarios together with five HASL boards. The pack depicts main episodes of the German counter-offensive in the Gela-Scoglitti sector in Sicily, following the landings, in days 10 and 11 of July 1943.

Ponte Dirillo is a bridge on the Acate river valley in Sicily along the Gela-Vittoria main coastal road that separated the two areas attacked by the 1st US Infantry Division and the 45th US Infantry Division on 10th July 1943 and near to the main combat locations in those areas (respectively Abbio Priolo Ridge and Biazza Ridge). Today there is a commemorative plate to remember the sacrifice of US paratroopers and infantry soldiers in those places.

Attachments

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is SO getting bought...

Looks great, guys

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any pictures of the maps? Scenarios?

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think everyone is missing the point of my question.

Hollow Legions is out of print and who know's when it's coming back. However, Italian counters are available from other sources. So what do I need from Hollow Legions? The Italian Counters, the desert maps, or both?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems quite explanitory to me. If you've got italian counters from other sources you can't use them as Hollow Legions is specified (may ruin the aesthetics of the game otherwise). I suppose one could use the desert boards if one wished and then try and convert them with other overlays to match boards 19 & 69 but it seems like a lot of extra effort to me. (All tongue in cheek of course).
As presented by SFiedler it seems as long as your other Italian counters work for you if they're compatible with the official ones and only the boards and overlays noted are required to play the scenarios. Very doubtful they would put out the product with additional items required that do not meet their announcement on the package (e.g. desert boards).;)

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I think everyone is missing the point of my question.

Hollow Legions is out of print and who know's when it's coming back. However, Italian counters are available from other sources. So what do I need from Hollow Legions? The Italian Counters, the desert maps, or both?

Hello everyone, the pack is focused on German counterattack against US beaches, so Italian counters are needed only in 2 scenarios of the 9 and not in the CG. The Italian counters needed are some squads, leaders and SW that represent two small italian garrisons so they can be taken from third parties without problems.

S.

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
There are not CG purchase tables since the forces are given
Pity I think making purchases is one the most attractive features of CGs. Otherwise there is a risk that the CG becomes just a programmed long scenario. But that remains to be seen, looking forward to see/buy the product anyway.

/s