Sustain Fire Vehicular MG MA

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
No. It can only use Sustained Fire in the DFPh vs adjacent units if it starts the phase marked First Fire.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A vehicular MG can't take SFF/FPF shots at all... Sustained Fire isn't the restrictor -- being vehicular MG is. That's implied in what Klas wrote I think, but it might not be immediately obvious.
8.3 SUBSEQUENT FIRST FIRE: A DEFENDING Infantry unit/(its MG/IFE-weapon) already marked with a First Fire counter may Defensive First Fire again during that MPh as Area Fire by flipping its First Fire counter over to the Final Fire side.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
May intensive Fire if used vs vehicles on the VTT with a to Hit attemp?

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
If hit the vehicle with IF.. is the collateral attack vs PRC at full MG value or at a halved value because was IF?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
If hit the vehicle with IF.. is the collateral attack vs PRC at full MG value or at a halved value because was IF?
I would say that an AFV MA MG can IF in order to make a TH/TK attack vs another AFV.

Only Guns may IF, but a MA MG fits the definition of a GUN:

GUN: (for firing purposes, any Weapon on a 5/8" Counter currently firing as Ordnance;​

Also, a MG may not make a TH/TK attempt vs an AFV if any type of halving penalty would apply to the shot (A9.61). This doesn't prevent an IF attack. I wonder if this was intended by the designers, but I don't see anything in the RB to deny such an attempt.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
May intensive Fire if used vs vehicles on the VTT with a to Hit attemp?
Q&A:
C5.6 May a vehicular-mounted MG/ATR/light-MTR use Intensive Fire?
A. Yes, if it is MA. Such a weapon is considered a Gun (C2.1). [An93a; An95w; An96]

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
And Full FP collateral attack vs PRC if a hit obtained, I suppose

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No. It can only use Sustained Fire in the DFPh vs adjacent units if it starts the phase marked First Fire.
Does this mean it can only use sustained fire in the DFPh or it can only use sustained fire and if inn the DFPh only against adjacent.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A9.3 evokes three situations when Sustained fire applies
A9.3 SUSTAINED FIRE: A MG that attacks using Subsequent-First-Fire/FPF (8.3/8.31), or during the DFPh while marked with a First Fire counter (8.4), is using Sustained Fire
As it cannot SFF nor FPF, I don't see when Sustained fire could apply to a vehicular MG during the DFF.
The only remaining case is "during the DFPh while marked with a First Fire counter ".