to halve or not to halve, that is the question

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
..is much more recent, and this one does allow fire vs a "potential unknown pillbox".
I know and fully agree with this one.. but because more recent I think the other question need an addenda.. in fact, how is possible to fire specifically vs an UNKNOWN position in a hex without affecting other UNKNOWN positions in the same hex?.. this is a kind of Copperfield shot.. IMHO any shots vs an empty hex is done as Area Fire even vs pillboxes.. other question is that pillbox occupants are never considered concealed vs fire on the pillbox because of the restricted space receiving shots.. but because the pillbox is not KNOWN is impossible to concentrate fire on it and so forced Area Fire vs empty hexes takes preference.. if not and using the same absurd logic, may I declare a smoke shot affecting only the pillbox unknown location to place smoke without case K in this hex?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I know and fully agree with this one.. but because more recent I think the other question need an addenda.. in fact, how is possible to fire specifically vs an UNKNOWN position in a hex without affecting other UNKNOWN positions in the same hex?..
I don't disagree with you on this - I don't like the Q&A either (even thought it might be in line with the current rules say). Often though it won't matter much - IIRC, the question really only surfaced after Suicide Creek was published.