Spreading Blaze 2019 - Atlanta ASL Tourney - Aug 2nd - 4th 2019

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spreading Blaze, the Atlanta ASL Tourney is once again returning to the Hilton Garden Inn in Duluth GA the first weekend in August 2018. The tourney will begin on Friday at 8 am and run thru Sunday afternoon.

We had 24 squad leaders in attendance last year including three players from California and one from Canada. We are looking to improve upon that number this year and perhaps fill out the main tourney bracket with 32 players. The main tourney format is single elimination and we will have several mini tourneys including some two rounders for folks that cannot play on Sunday. I have word that the "Madman" (Mike McGrath) will be back to defend his title from last year. Previous winners of the main event since the tourney went regional in 2016 include Doug Sheppard and Dave Stephens.

The registration fee is $40. Payment can be made by PayPal (friend option - email below). The Hilton Garden Inn is a very nice property and we have a block of rooms available for $109 per night which includes a discounted breakfast. There are also several other hotels chains in the immediate area.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you might have.

Gary Bartlett
gary.a.bartlett @ gmail.com

Attachments

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some further updates on Spreading Blaze 2019 -

As stated above we are returning to the Hilton Garden Inn in Duluth Ga August 2nd thru 4th.
Our room block is available at the following URL - Rooms are $109 per night and include a discounted breakfast.

Hilton Garden Inn Room Reservation

We should have the scenario list available shortly. There will be a main event and several mini events. We will give a prize to both 1st and 2nd place finishers in the main event and to the winners of the mini events. The tourney runs from Friday morning thru Sunday and the cost is $40 which can be sent to me via PayPal (friends option).

I hope to see all of you in attendance for some fun in August.

Gary Bartlett

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Is there a scenario list for this?

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been asked to provide additional details related to the format of the tourney.

The main event begins Friday morning at 8 am and will consist of 5 rounds with two rounds on each Friday and Saturday and the final on Sunday. In the past we have had to introduce a spoiler into the semi-finals as we don’t have a full 32 person bracket. That can remove the need for the fifth round on Sunday.

We will also have 8 person / 3 round mini tourneys and 4 person / 2 round mini’s. The 2 round mini’s are specifically for folks that need to leave early Sunday and can’t stay to play in a final on Sunday.

If there is enough interest then we will also include a Starter Kit mini as well.

We will have prizes for the first and second place in the main tourney and the winners of the mini tourney’s.

We will also have a raffle with a plenty of nice ASL related swag.

I want to thanks our sponsors for their generous support -

The Gamers Armory
Multiman Publishing
Lone Canuck Publishing
Bounding Fire Productions
Battleschool Dice
Sherry Enterprises
Broken Ground Design
St Louis ASL
Bret Hildebran
Ritterkrieg

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CALLING ALL SK PLAYERS WHO CAN MAKE IT TO ATLANTA NEXT WEEKEND!! I am strongly considering going to this, and my daughter (also an ASLSK player) sounded quite excited to give it a go as well. Lets get an SK presence started at this event! We went two years ago and had a great time.

If we can draw in enough SK PTO interest, I would be happy to do another run of my SK PTO Boot Camp that I did at the Texas ASL Tournament in June. We had 8 for the PTO Boot Camp and 12 in the SK Mini Tournament!

Please spread the word!!

Warhawk1955

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CALLING ALL SK PLAYERS WHO CAN MAKE IT TO ATLANTA NEXT WEEKEND!! I am strongly considering going to this, and my daughter (also an ASLSK player) sounded quite excited to give it a go as well. Lets get an SK presence started at this event! We went two years ago and had a great time.

If we can draw in enough SK PTO interest, I would be happy to do another run of my SK PTO Boot Camp that I did at the Texas ASL Tournament in June. We had 8 for the PTO Boot Camp and 12 in the SK Mini Tournament!

Please spread the word!!
I live in Warner Robins GA. I would be more then happy to drive up on Sat to play some SK. I have the new PTO SK but have not played it yet.
Bruce Gelinas

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I VERY sadly have to report that my daughter and I will NOT be able to make Spreading Blaze 2019 this weekend. I am now 10 days into an outage at a very long term client, and even if it resolves immediately I am massively behind on everything else but them - including other clients, life and especially sleep. :-(

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I VERY sadly have to report that my daughter and I will NOT be able to make Spreading Blaze 2019 this weekend. I am now 10 days into an outage at a very long term client, and even if it resolves immediately I am massively behind on everything else but them - including other clients, life and especially sleep. :-(

:-( Things will get better, hang in there!!