How many buildings? (J32 Panzer Graveyard/Map 46)

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

This is a section of map 46, used in J32 Panzer Graveyard. The victory conditions: "The Germans win at game end if they Control greater or equal to 20 buildings within the British setup area (rowhouses are treated as one building for VC purposes).

I have a few questions about this. (I think I asked these questions the last time I played panzer graveyard but a site search didn't turn up the thread. Maybe I dreamed it.)

1. Are X5, BB7 and W6 all multiple building locations for VC purposes. That is -- control of those hexes would be control of 7 VC buildings in all?

2. Are the three rowhouse hexes X7,W7,X6 collectively one building? And if so how does building control transfer? The British hold all locations in those three hexes at game's start. Suppose a German MMC enters X6 and the building is otherwise empty. Does this transfer building control of the entire building?

EDIT DOH! Village Terrain B31.3 -- and it's indexed just fine:oops: : 3. Z5 is a two and half level obstacle to LOS with locations at levels 0,1,2? (I only ask because I think that because it is a single hex building with stairwell there is some other contingency -- Yet I can't find anything in the rules... it seems the hardest rules to find are the one's that don't exist! They aren't even indexed ;) )

TIA

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
View attachment 9512

This is a section of map 46, used in J32 Panzer Graveyard. The victory conditions: "The Germans win at game end if they Control greater or equal to 20 buildings within the British setup area (rowhouses are treated as one building for VC purposes).

I have a few questions about this. (I think I asked these questions the last time I played panzer graveyard but a site search didn't turn up the thread. Maybe I dreamed it.)

1. Are X5, BB7 and W6 all multiple building locations for VC purposes. That is -- control of those hexes would be control of 7 VC buildings in all?

2. Are the three rowhouse hexes X7,W7,X6 collectively one building? And if so how does building control transfer? The British hold all locations in those three hexes at game's start. Suppose a German MMC enters X6 and the building is otherwise empty. Does this transfer building control of the entire building?

EDIT DOH! Village Terrain B31.3: 3. Z5 is a two and half level obstacle to LOS with locations at levels 0,1,2? (I only ask because I think that because it is a single hex building with stairwell there is some other contingency -- Yet I can't find anything in the rules... it seems the hardest rules to find are the one's that don't exist! They aren't even indexed ;) )
  1. No. Per B23.1 a building hex is "a hex containing one or more brown or gray rectangular overview building depictions." Per the B23.1 EX, a building is one or more building hexes joined by building hexsides.
  2. For VC purposes, they are one building. Control changes as you say.
Z5 is a single-hex two-story house, per B31.3.

JR