NASHCON 2019 (August 23-25)

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will be running an ASL Tourney at the NASHCON convention (Nashville, TN) this year.

Tourney will be a mixed ASL/ASLSK event (ASLSK scenarios count when both players pre-agree).

Minimum 3 matches...could become 4 depending on participation level. No scenario list will be provided, although tourney size scenarios are encouraged. Brink your kit if possible.

I will act as judge/jury/executioner. ?‍♂

Convention Link:

Hope to see you there!

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. Might be worth a trip. Will see what the schedule allows when the date gets closer.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking for suggestions on Tourney size scenarios that have a decent balance record. I plan on providing the list as a help to participants (not a mandatory play list).

Any suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is also a bump for the tourney...:)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Critical Hit has the most balanced scenarios around lol.

Seriously, The SP Korean War pack is very good and has balanced scenarios in it.

Looking for suggestions on Tourney size scenarios that have a decent balance record. I plan on providing the list as a help to participants (not a mandatory play list).

Smedley

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is anyone from the Cleveland OH area considering this tourney? I am most likely coming down from Vermont and I am looking for a way point about half way through the 18hr drive.

Rob

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States

Scenario Suggestions for NashCon

Round 1
W03 Counterattack at Carentan
102 Point of the Sword
AP71 Head in the Noose
109 Dreil Team
S2 War of the Rats
S4 Welcome Back

Round 2
186 L'Abbaye Blanche
194 The Attempt to Relieve Peiper
23 Under the Noel Trees
J28 Inhumaine
S13 Priority Target
S15 Hammer to the Teeth

Round 3
195 Rocket's Red Glare
J121 Schloss Hemingstein
J140 All Down the Line
107 Tettau's Attack
S21 Clash at Borisovka

Round 4 (if necessary)
Any mutually agreed, previously finalist unplayed, non-SK, Round 1 or 2 scenario.

Primarily a mixture of American or British vs German scenarios.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario Suggestions for NashCon

Round 1
W03 Counterattack at Carentan
102 Point of the Sword
AP71 Head in the Noose
109 Dreil Team
S2 War of the Rats
S4 Welcome Back

Round 2
186 L'Abbaye Blanche
194 The Attempt to Relieve Peiper
23 Under the Noel Trees
J28 Inhumaine
S13 Priority Target
S15 Hammer to the Teeth

Round 3
195 Rocket's Red Glare
J121 Schloss Hemingstein
J140 All Down the Line
107 Tettau's Attack
S21 Clash at Borisovka

Round 4 (if necessary)
Any mutually agreed, previously finalist unplayed, non-SK, Round 1 or 2 scenario.

Primarily a mixture of American or British vs German scenarios.
Awesome! Thanks!

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isn't it the case that "S" means starter kit scenario? If so, my understanding of that (I have only played it once) is there is no bypass...(among other rules like level 1 and 2 buildings and snipers and such) how does that mesh with ASL? One assumes -S series was tested NOT using these ASL attributes and so how do you now play with same?... Or are you saying if you settled on S#x then you have to play to SK rules. If so fine. Does one get to veto 2 or 3 scenarios a round...?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isn't it the case that "S" means starter kit scenario? If so, my understanding of that (I have only played it once) is there is no bypass...(among other rules like level 1 and 2 buildings and snipers and such) how does that mesh with ASL? One assumes -S series was tested NOT using these ASL attributes and so how do you now play with same?... Or are you saying if you settled on S#x then you have to play to SK rules. If so fine. Does one get to veto 2 or 3 scenarios a round...?
The tourney is for ASL and SK...the two players have to agree on the scenario to be played. I assume they will agree on whether they want to play ASL or SK. Also, these are suggestions from Randy for the list, this is not the final list I will be using.

Also, as noted in post #4, the list will be as an aid and not a mandatory, exclusive list. The participants can use a scenario from the list or pick something not on the list.

Based on your concern can I assume you plan on attending?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, I see how it works...there is ultimate veto power...what happens when one person says no SK and the other says no ASL....?

No not planning to attend. Too far and I burned my vacation already see AAR section.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Sherry Enterprises produced two Rally Point scenario packs #2 and #6 with SK scenarios tested with full ASL rules. Knowing that recent buyers of SK might not have access to them, I did not include them.

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tater,

will be there; hotel booked and kitchen pass authorized. Willing to increase opponent’s win total in either ASL or ASLSK. Bringing my kits for both.

Velo

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will be running an ASL Tourney at the NASHCON convention (Nashville, TN) this year.

Tourney will be a mixed ASL/ASLSK event (ASLSK scenarios count when both players pre-agree).

Minimum 3 matches...could become 4 depending on participation level. No scenario list will be provided, although tourney size scenarios are encouraged. Brink your kit if possible.

I will act as judge/jury/executioner. ?‍♂

Convention Link:

Hope to see you there!
My suggestion is a ‘Nashorn’ scenario for Nashcon.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Nashorn (Hornet) PzJg III/IV scenarios, short 3-5 hours, about 60/40 on balance
SP5 the Hornet of Cloville
SP74 The Last Tiger
FrF38 Wunderwagen

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nashorn (Hornet) PzJg III/IV scenarios, short 3-5 hours, about 60/40 on balance
SP5 the Hornet of Cloville
SP74 The Last Tiger
FrF38 Wunderwagen
Also BFP BtB14 SWATTING A HORNET (aka Nashorne), 6 Turns, pro-German per ROAR (recommend U.S. Balance though I found the gyroed M4's more than adequate for the task at hand). Fun scenario to play.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Also BFP BtB14 SWATTING A HORNET (aka Nashorne), 6 Turns, pro-German per ROAR (recommend U.S. Balance though I found the gyroed M4's more than adequate for the task at hand). Fun scenario to play.
Same battle as SP5 The Hornet of Cloville. ROAR from Scenario Archive has it at 73% pro German. In my initial search (of material I own) I found about 13 (about 1/3 of the total) scenarios with a Hornet AFV. Some were rated over six hours to play, not conducive to tournament play, IMO. But at Nashcon, two players can agree to play any scenario for the tournament (if I understand what Tater says).