Corregidor: CGII Japanese Initial FPP

BraveDave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
“CtR12.520 PURCHASING FORTIFICATIONS: Fortifications, which are received by spending FPP, may be purchased on each CG Date if the player has the requisite FPP (purchased in RePh step CtR12.518). All FPP unspent upon the completion of this step are forfeit.”

Does this apply to the 300 FPP allotted to the Japanese in the initial OB or can some be retained for later use?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
“CtR12.520 PURCHASING FORTIFICATIONS: Fortifications, which are received by spending FPP, may be purchased on each CG Date if the player has the requisite FPP (purchased in RePh step CtR12.518). All FPP unspent upon the completion of this step are forfeit.”

Does this apply to the 300 FPP allotted to the Japanese in the initial OB or can some be retained for later use?
The same rule applies. You are allocated 300 FPP initially. If you do not use it, you lose it.

Now you may not want to use them to buy things like foxholes, but you can be seriously devious if you want to buy things like Underground Explosions or Set DCs, define your defense and buy Tunnels, pillboxes, Trenches and mines. As the Japanese player, 300 FPP gives you some serious deviousness to play with.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and mines
Mines are dirt cheap 2 FPP buys a 6AP minefield but you can’t buy them for day 1. See FP table. But I would buy them every day until my positions are well covered. I would use initial FPP for an underground explosion, lots of forts, wire, and Trenches. I would buy at least 2 Pillboxes and set them up to lay firelanes in front of the middle officers quarters next to the Parade Grounds. The building in CC15 is critical to hold. Set up a guys in AA14 and secure it turn 1. Set up Guys to move to cover approaches to it too. Fortify it completely on day 2 including a fortified cellar.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mines are dirt cheap 2 FPP buys a 6AP minefield but you can’t buy them for day 1. See FP table. But I would buy them every day until my positions are well covered. I would use initial FPP for an underground explosion, lots of forts, wire, and Trenches. I would buy at least 2 Pillboxes and set them up to lay firelanes in front of the middle officers quarters next to the Parade Grounds. The building in CC15 is critical to hold. Set up a guys in AA14 and secure it turn 1. Set up Guys to move to cover approaches to it too. Fortify it completely on day 2 including a fortified cellar.
That's the idea...