RO5 Men of Steel VC

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Germans win at game end by Controlling ≥ 50 more stone building/rubble Locations than they lost (or started with if they lost none).​

If I read this right, if the Germans lose one Location, they have to control fifty-one stone building/rubble Locations at game end. Given that they start with well over fifty stone building/rubble Locations, this doesn't seem very difficult as long as the Soviets can be enticed into taking one.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If the Germans start with, say, 30 locations at the beginning, they need to be in control of 80 such locations to win at game end. That's my understanding.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
If the Germans start with, say, 30 locations at the beginning, they need to be in control of 80 such locations to win at game end. That's my understanding.
That is true if they lose none. But if they lose one, they only have to control 51. It says, fifty more than they lost, not fifty more than they lost plus the number they controlled at the beginning.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
That is true if they lose none. But if they lose one, they only have to control 51. It says, fifty more than they lost, not fifty more than they lost plus the number they controlled at the beginning.
JR
I see. If the Russian gains control of only one location, it triggers a bug in the VC. An erratum would be in order.

Also if buildings collapse and locations disappear on either side, how does this affect the tally?

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Germans win at game end by Controlling ≥ 50 more stone building/rubble Locations than they lost (or started with if they lost none.​
An errata, easy to compute:​
VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Germans win at game end if they Control at least 50 Stone Locations more than they Controlled at start.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This sort of VC text has been around since the original RB5:

VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Germans win if at scenario end they Control ≥ 12 more multi-hex buildings (two of which must be factory buildings R29
and S34) than they lost (or than they started with if they lost none).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Quite similar VC appeared in the first scenario of SL and in its ASL revamp (Scenario A) :
VICTORY CONDITIONS: The Russians win at game end if they Con-
trol ≥ 2 more buildings initially occupied by the Germans than they lose
of their own initially-held stone buildings to German Control and/or have
a favorable 3:1 ratio (Russian to German) of unbroken squad-equivalents.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
All I can say further is that Pleva and Cirillo were probably right when they decided not to participate in our mission for the first ASL playing on the moon.

JR

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
All I can say further is that Pleva and Cirillo were probably right when they decided not to participate in our mission for the first ASL playing on the moon.

JR
The absence of Weather change is indeed dusturbing.