I am converted

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was it and incremental pie eating contest or a pie eating contest? -- jim
Hmmm...well, I was required to consume the whole pie and wasn't allowed to discard any of it to meet an arbitrary definition of what is the whole pie.

I think that makes it an incremental pie eating contest...:)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm...well, I was required to consume the whole pie and wasn't allowed to discard any of it to meet an arbitrary definition of what is the whole pie.

I think that makes it an incremental pie eating contest...:)
Were all the residual pieces equally counted or did the contest only take half measures? -- jim

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Were all the residual pieces equally counted or did the contest only take half measures? -- jim
Equally counted...therefore I was able to use all my teeth rather than just those that could affect the arbitrary definition of what is a mouthful. For example I could use my molars even if the bite didn't reach the arbitrary definition of a mouthful. By the old rules one could/would only use those teeth that mattered.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Equally counted...therefore I was able to use all my teeth rather than just those that could affect the arbitrary definition of what is a mouthful. For example I could use my molars even if the bite didn't reach the arbitrary definition of a mouthful. By the old rules one could/would only use those teeth that mattered.
But did you apply all of those teeth to the residual or did you just focus on the whole pieces? -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Michael,

Be careful not to close it too far or hard. It may break. The only real complaint I have seen on it.

Peace

Roger
I have attached an eraser between the handles that will absorb the shock of the handles going together. This prevents the strain on the internal part of the lower handle which is the "typical" part which might break.

My first clipper broke after a couple of 1000 counters (got a free replacement). No issues with the second one with the "eraser fix".

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I thought you only played via VASL and so left counters to dinosaurs like myself and Jim?
Haven't you yet tried the infamous VASL counter-clipping extension?

Any counter you pull from the tray needs to be clipped before it can be placed on the playing area. The extension supports the 1mm, 2mm, and 3mm Oregon Deluxe Clippers. Then also those nail-clippers (results will even display a random skew of the corners for a more realistic outcome).

von Marwitz