I am converted

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Be careful not to close it too far or hard. It may break. The only real complaint I have seen on it.
I've had mine for close to 6 years and its still going strong after replacing all of my counters with the newer ones. You have to make sure you are lubing the blade with machine oil after every couple of sheets clipped. I've never had this issue.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. I've done ALL my counters in one fell swoop (original modules, HASLs, 3rd party stuff, BV and Yanks reprints), still going strong.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What part of the device are y'all lubricating? Is the "blade" this part:

?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lube everything! You can never use too much lube!

Actually, I put a small drop on the pins that come out of the top near the hinge area (or from the side where you can see the springs), work the action a couple of times to distribute the lubricant and then wipe any excess off.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What part of the device are y'all lubricating? Is the "blade" this part:

View attachment 8628
?
I own one of these Oregon counter cutters and I have been using it for about 4 years without any problems.
Contrary to some of the advice being offered, DO NOT 'LUBE EVERYTHING '.
I recommend that you only apply silicone spray lubricant to the 2 stainless steel posts which protrude from top of the cutter. (WD40 makes a good silicone in a spray can, I have used it for years without any problems).
Regardless, whatever you decide to do, I would very strongly caution against applying lubricant of any kind to the actual cutting surfaces of the tool. Besides being unnecessary in my experience, lubing the cutting areas run the risk of lube/oil being absorbed in to your expensive new counters. In addition, as you will soon discover, a large amount of cardboard debris will accumulate within the inner portion of the cutter itself. This debris is easy to remove by shaking or tapping the device. If excessive 'lube' is used, the debris may be difficult to remove and could affect the operation of the tool.
I hope this helps! Enjoy the Oregon cutter, I've found it to be very useful.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Lube everything! You can never use too much lube!

Actually, I put a small drop on the pins that come out of the top near the hinge area (or from the side where you can see the springs), work the action a couple of times to distribute the lubricant and then wipe any excess off.
350,000 counters clipped with 3 clippers , no lube used and still cutting fine