WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
We did it in 2018, we will do it even better in 2019:
The second CONSCRIPTS! tournament will take place from 10th May to 12th May 2019 in Nedensdorf, Germany (Franconia).

- Small, casual player friendly tournament (but pros are welcome, too!)
- NEW: An optional fourth round, starting Friday evening!
- Scenarios are not announced in advance, so no week long preparation possible/needed
- Friday 10th May to Sunday 12th May (option to begin the tournament on Friday evening or Saturday morning)
- 120€ including bed, meals, coffee and beer (110€ if you register and pay before 30th March 2019)
- Location with a beautiful view of the Main river and the Staffelberg

You can register NOW by sending us an email:
Registration (email)
Website

If you have any questions, or need advice on organizing the trip, feel free to ask!

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Note also, that we have a much bigger scenario pool and revised the selection process. Most importantly, we got the help of a tournament veteran (tunnix in this forum) for that task!

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
As of now, we have 6 (of 12) participant slots remaining.

Last edited:

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
As of now, we have 4 participant slots remaining, note that the early bird offer lasts until March 30st.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
We will close the registration next week (April 28th), so hurry if you want to attend!

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
There are two remaining spots available, and sweet (sealed product) prizes for the TOP 4 have arrived and will supplement the trophies awarded last year.

Many thanks to Gamer's HQ for sponsoring the prizes!

Last edited:

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks to Tim, we will be not only gaming for TOP 4 prizes, but also for the "Panzerknacker" award for the most AFV kills!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
This looks even nicer than the "real" trophy!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
We had a fantastic tournament weekend, with good games and good conversations!

Thank you to all participants and all who helped making this event as pleasant as it was!

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks also goes to York & Thore form the Gamer's HQ, one of Germanys best CoSim and ASL friendly local gaming shops for sponsoring the prizes.
They do mail order and have a wide selection, plus they taught me to play the game. Also thanks to the Nexus-gaming-club for providing institutional backing such as insurance, bank accounts and countless other logistical help.

Below, images from the prize table and an appreciation of the scenarios we played as well as appreciation of the fine spirit that Scotsman John brought to the tournament. I'll preserve most of that spirit for 2020;)

Attachments

Genosse Gelb

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Congrats to the winners and to the organizers for another successful event.
Thanks and best wishes for this year's Grenadier! Several participants were rockin' Grenadier shirts this year, the word definitely went out.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
We had a fantastic tournament weekend, with good games and good conversations!

View attachment 8596

View attachment 8597

View attachment 8598

View attachment 8599

View attachment 8600

Thank you to all participants and all who helped making this event as pleasant as it was!
This was a great event, thanks to the organizers and Björn the scenario selector. We just had a load of fun, during and in between the games.

PS. As I have retracted my written permission for you to publish pictures containing my contrafait, are you now not in violation of some anal-retentive german law?

PPS. FYI: We all had to sign a paper allowing the organizers to publish pictures, all to adhere to some local law some 74 years + a few days after we all thought Germany become a free country again. I have, after considering my substantial human right in many other countries, retracted my signature. And my picture still appears, are you not afraid I will report you to the Staatssicherheitsbehörden?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
This was a great event, thanks to the organizers and Björn the scenario selector. We just had a load of fun, during and in between the games.

PS. As I have retracted my written permission for you to publish pictures containing my contrafait, are you now not in violation of some anal-retentive german law?

PPS. FYI: We all had to sign a paper allowing the organizers to publish pictures, all to adhere to some local law some 74 years + a few days after we all thought Germany become a free country again. I have, after considering my substantial human right in many other countries, retracted my signature. And my picture still appears, are you not afraid I will report you to the Staatssicherheitsbehörden?
I'm not afraid, no, but I sleep with Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience" under the pillow and Jünger's "The Forest Passage" on the nightstand, so I might not be your typical German.

But if you want the image removed, just say so, I will do it of course, out of respect for you!

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I don't know whether you are tongue-in-cheek. The issue in my opinion is that participants must play one and only one secret scenario per round, with side imposed and no balance. This 'Zwangspiel' (forced play) is probably acquired taste lol.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
But if you want the image removed, just say so, I will do it of course, out of respect for you!
No worries, but thanks to the reference to The Forest Passage, a book I probably want to read.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
I don't know whether you are tongue-in-cheek. The issue in my opinion is that participants must play one and only one secret scenario per round, with side imposed and no balance. This 'Zwangspiel' (forced play) is probably acquired taste lol.
Where did you loose contact with Mother Earth? I loved the Tournament, including the "Zwangsspiel", my complaint is with politicians/laws of Germany and for that matter EU with their opinion that they are the new God Almighty. At least the British can soon say "Free at last, Free at last".

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Where did you loose contact with Mother Earth? I loved the Tournament, including the "Zwangsspiel", my complaint is with politicians/laws of Germany and for that matter EU with their opinion that they are the new God Almighty. At least the British can soon say "Free at last, Free at last".
Feel free to pass on the message to the Wallenbergs and the Bonniers. I'm sure they will answer you.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
The issue in my opinion is that participants must play one and only one secret scenario per round, with side imposed and no balance. This 'Zwangspiel' (forced play) is probably acquired taste lol.
ASL in and of itself is an acquired taste. ;)

Personally, I much prefer our tournament mode. It doesn't penalize players without the time and leisure (or inclination) for week long preparations, and it doesn't give the stronger player yet another advantage. We have a more level playing field this way, and that adds to the fun and excitement.