Hitting the Beach 2

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Things are moving along steadily, counters are ordered and most have arrived, one of the two maps are done, with the second one going to the printers tomorrow; Lexan sheets to cover the maps were picked up today, and t-shirts are in the box collecting dust. 8 players have committed to the scenarios.

Juno Beach - BV.jpg

Map #1: Mike Red & Nan Green Beach
Mike Red-Nan Green Beach Tiny Size Map.png
Juno Beach - ITF.jpg
Map #2: Nan White & Nan Red
Nan White-Nan Red Beach Tiny Map.png
Prototype 1/2" Counters
Half-Inch Counters.png
Prototype 5/8" Counters
5-8 counters.jpg
Participant's T-Shirt
T-shirt.jpg

Attachments

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Awesome, how big are these scenario's going to be? Can all three per map be launched at the same time?
Each map is 70" long x 27" wide

In each pack, the largest Scenario #3 involving two beaches: the Canadians are landing in 4 Assault Waves with a total of 32x Sherman DD tanks, 6x LCT 4 loaded with 40-50 AVRE Funnies, Sherman Fireflies, and Centaur CS tanks; add to this 40-45 LCA with a total of 120 squads landing on Mike Red-Nan Green | Nan White-Nan Red Beaches

Scenarios #1 & #2 are about 60% of Scenario #3

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Wow! That escalated quickly! I really, really did not see that coming.

We can now do D-Day without having to doubt the integrity of our souls and doing penance for purchasing from another ... ahem ... "ASL manufacturer". :oops:

As an "ASL as Toybox" type, I note the great variety of AVRE fitting-outs and the addition of captured French MG.

It's only a very few years (maybe a bit longer, the older I get the more time seems to fly) since you started doing packs with maps and now you are entering the "Monster HASL" league. You have definitely confirmed that you are deserving your own LCP sub-forum.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
George has been working on this one for 15+ years. I play tested one beach about 4 years ago at one of the 'west coast rumbles'. I think now that George can make counters he has added lots more of the AVRE toys to play with. I am looking forward to Hitting the Beach in 10 days!
Dave

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Each map is 70" long x 27" wide

In pack, the largest Scenario #3 involving two beaches: the Canadians are landing in 4 Assault Waves with a total of 32x Sherman DD tanks, 6x LCT 4 loaded with 40-50 AVRE Funnies, Sherman Fireflies, and Centaur CS tanks; add to this 40-45 LCA with a total of 120 squads landing on Mike Red-Nan Green | Nan White-Nan Red Beaches

Scenarios #1 & #2 are about 60% of Scenario #3
Love it! I know what I'm buying next. <G>

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I too remember sitting down and playing a part of a turn at WCR. It was at that point that I realized that ASL is not a Game it is a Life Style.
I hope to attend WCR this year and pick one up

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very cool release, best of all, it wont cost over a 100 bucks like that other company likes to charge for its crappy products.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just out of curiosity, is there a Hitting The Beach 1?
Hitting the Beach 1 was played in spring of 1998, at Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada by the Winnipeg ASL Club; the map was a single, hand-drawn and pantone coloured, measuring 150 hexes wide and 33 hexes deep (standard ASL hexes); the map covered the entire 6 kilometre wide Juno Beach area.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
George, will this need a second copy of FKAC to play all scenarios?
Yes, you will need 2 FKAC and the counters that a shown above to play 1 beach. There are 4 beaches and 8 players in the last play test. Lots of squad that were killed in thelanging crafts got recycled for the later waves. This pack was made with team play in mind. 1 beach is a lot for 1 player. An earlier play test had 2 player on a beach per side.
Hope this helps
Dave

fleitz3

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, you will need 2 FKAC and the counters that a shown above to play 1 beach. There are 4 beaches and 8 players in the last play test. Lots of squad that were killed in thelanging crafts got recycled for the later waves. This pack was made with team play in mind. 1 beach is a lot for 1 player. An earlier play test had 2 player on a beach per side.
Hope this helps
Dave
Thanks, Dave! The module looks grand, hope to see it sometime soon. I had to ask the question, a good friend traded me a second copy of FKAC (he couldn't use, he's legally blind and all the reading in ASL was killing him) and I had to find out quick whether to trade or not. BTW, love your avatars.

Last edited:

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Things are moving along steadily, counters are ordered and most have arrived, one of the two maps are done, with the second one going to the printers tomorrow; Lexan sheets to cover the maps were picked up today, and t-shirts are in the box collecting dust. 8 players have committed to the scenarios.

View attachment 4532

Map #1: Mike Red & Nan Green Beach
View attachment 4525
View attachment 4533
Map #2: Nan White & Nan Red
View attachment 4524
Prototype 1/2" Counters
View attachment 4527
Prototype 5/8" Counters
View attachment 4529
Participant's T-Shirt
View attachment 4530
Great counters! Really like the funnies. Looking forward to this one George.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
umm... I think I got a stiffie reading the thread. The bigger the better, ASL and women umm hmm but are some jumping the gun here...reading between the lines. Is this an upcoming product for wider release or a one off printing for HtB2 and it's players?