Croix de Guerre and Hollow Legions question

waltermcwilliam

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the reprints a lot and always support them. Specifically, I enjoy updates to scenarios both the original content and the updates of the Annual scenarios, new counters (mine are grungy and the print on the new counters is easier to see), and new content. I enjoyed LFT14 but felt all the different counters was a bit of an overkill, but I love unique counters so that is in no way a complaint lol. I also agree 100% with Evan's earlier comment that MMP as the "Steward of the hobby" should, so long as it is possible and profitable, see that the core modules are available routinely for sale. The age base of our hobby is not the younger generations. There were very few if any 20 somethings, and only a few 30-somethings at BE this year. If a young French or Italian player are interested in the game they should at least have a reasonable expectation of purchasing their countries core module. That said, A reprint of CDG with a HASL and updated scenarios from both the original and annuals would be awesome, and as a consumer I would gladly drop $150.00 for it.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I buy everything in order to help their cash flow. Without cash flow they can't get onto the next project that I really really want.

Everyone who lives in a state that doesn't charge high sales tax should buy modules & be a cost-free warehouse that will sell it after MMP's stocks are depleted. MMP could offer discounts for buying 3 or 5 in a pre-order.

Does MMP base their production costs on how many will sell in what, 5 years? Probably more like 10.
They are in Maryland, so what is the yearly tax on inventory? Can they move to a state without such a tax?

Maybe ASL should be structured as a non-profit entity. MMP might net just as much as they do now to administer and be the production contractor.
non-profit does not compute with the annual license payments due to Hasbro every year. Hasborg is not going to release a non-profit license to manufacture on something capable of generating a revenue stream.
Going off and doing that on your own and representative of anything "official" for the product would just result in Hasborg requiring MMP as licensee to pursue Cease and Desist Injunctions against you.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Also, Brian, Perry, et alia with the exception of LuAnn and Vicki have full time jobs first. MMP is just a sideline. So I don't think a move to another state to reduce inventory tax is an option.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, Brian, Perry, et alia with the exception of LuAnn and Vicki have full time jobs first. MMP is just a sideline. So I don't think a move to another state to reduce inventory tax is an option.
Well, Perry no longer has another job. Lucky stiff.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Being Retired is still a Full-Time job too. ?