Fall Blau

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In anticipation of playing Red Factories I’m reading Jason D Mark’s book Into Oblivion. Can someone suggest scenarios prior to the 6th Army entering Stalingrad?

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Best way of searching would be to use the ASL Scenario Archive. Put in June 1st to Sept 30th with a location of Russia and look at the 53 scenarios that the search reveals. It would be good to have a map of Russia for place names along the route of the 6th Army or and idea of what units comprised the 6th Army.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did that before asking but used USSR, Ukraine or Russia for location. I only came up with just a few.

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You're right 21Z5M,
There seems to be very little, if any, scenarios dealing with the approach march to Stalingrad, most of the scenarios in that period revolve around the southern drive to Rostov & the Caucasus.

I would have thought a couple of Voronezh city fights would have been in the mix.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The book has plenty of times where a company with support goes up against a like amount of Soviets

Thanks
Keith

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keith, E MA as in Eastern Mass. New Bedford here. Where are you located? Feel free to shoot an IM if you prefer to keep that off thread.
The book has plenty of times where a company with support goes up against a like amount of Soviets

Thanks
Keith

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In anticipation of playing Red Factories I’m reading Jason D Mark’s book Into Oblivion. Can someone suggest scenarios prior to the 6th Army entering Stalingrad?
The next Death To Fascism pack should have two or three scenarios in this period and front. Can you wait another 17 months?