Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Hi All!

I've noticed that Lone Canuck's fun little Anzio pack includes counters with repeated SMC names. The play-tester and designer names (Cusler, Martuzas, McLeod, Howarth, Mitchell) show up repeatedly, and in a couple cases, the same name occurs on almost (but why just "almost"?) every possible leader type (7-0, 8-0, 8-1, etc).

To my puny, literalist mind, I find this an attractive feature as it annoys me when HoB results in both a rank and surname change on the battlefield - as if the officers are assuming some kind of impromptu disguise ("Hmm...the men don't seem to listen to Lt. Kisler. Perhaps they'll obey, um, Cpt. Chrissler!")

Do any TPP offer a line of SMCs where the same name is carried through to all possible types (perhaps including heroes, wounded ldrs, ldr-heros, and perhaps even unarmed ldrs)? It's a dumb request, but might be especially nice when playing CGs or strings of scenarios using the old SL Leader CG rules.

I think I remember CH or someone offering something like personalized leader counters for whatever nationality you chose... Possibly this is exactly the same idea?

P.S. Forgive my silly, coddled needs. I'd also like a pair of cozy, ASL themed slippers. Thanx!

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All!

P.S. Forgive my silly, coddled needs. I'd also like a pair of cozy, ASL themed slippers. Thanx!
For several years these were once a prize at WO. Tiger Tank like. I think Youse's mom made them (or so the legend has it). BUT, I am not BSing here. Somebody will post a pix. I bet.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
For several years these were once a prize at WO. Tiger Tank like. I think Youse's mom made them (or so the legend has it). BUT, I am not BSing here. Somebody will post a pix. I bet.
I was hoping for an unused pair - but thanks...:oops:

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
...I fear this thread has veered off it's intended course. ????

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This "tread" has veered off course?

I'm not tracking where this conversation is going.
somehow - the lack of low ground pressure is wearing the overly complicated interleaving bogey wheel design excessively, and causing extreme cold immobilizations where the meat hits the cold floor. Either that, or its gone as far as someone just looking for a warm, fuzzy, virgin pair that they can call their own