CC Reaction Fire?

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have infantry units in a building hex with a non-moving, stopped AFV in bypass of the building. Last turn there was CC in the hex that destroyed all the enemy infantry in the hex leaving my infantry units in melee with the AFV. Upon spending the start MP my infantry is no longer locked in melee. On that start MP can I CC reaction fire at the AFV? If so I believe I I would have to pass a PAATC, I would have to pay the +2 for motion/non-stopped, but also get the -1 for street fighting. Do I have that correct? I really can't find anything that directly says I can CC Reaction Fire him but I seem to recall it is possible.

Thanks,

Mike

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I have infantry units in a building hex with a non-moving, stopped AFV in bypass of the building. Last turn there was CC in the hex that destroyed all the enemy infantry in the hex leaving my infantry units in melee with the AFV. Upon spending the start MP my infantry is no longer locked in melee. On that start MP can I CC reaction fire at the AFV? If so I believe I I would have to pass a PAATC, I would have to pay the +2 for motion/non-stopped, but also get the -1 for street fighting. Do I have that correct? I really can't find anything that directly says I can CC Reaction Fire him but I seem to recall it is possible.
See the A11.52 EX, paragraph 7 ("Because the 4-4-7"), sentence beginning "If in the Pz IV's next MPh..."

JR

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks JR. I thought it was so but didn't read through all of the examples.

Mike

Andy Bagley

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just had something very similar come up, except in an open ground hex so no bypass. Am I right to assume that (a) same thing applies re CC Reaction Fire when AFV expends start MP, and (b) no new PAATC is required for this purpose as infantry unit is already in same hex?

Thanks

Andy

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Just had something very similar come up, except in an open ground hex so no bypass. Am I right to assume that (a) same thing applies re CC Reaction Fire when AFV expends start MP, and (b) no new PAATC is required for this purpose as infantry unit is already in same hex?
IIRC, in this situation you need to pass another PAATC to attempt CC Reaction Fire.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you sure he suffers the +2 vs moving on the start up movement point ? I’ve played it like gun fire, the +2 kicks in on the 2nd movement point.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Are you sure he suffers the +2 vs moving on the start up movement point ? I’ve played it like gun fire, the +2 kicks in on the 2nd movement point.
The +2 applies since it applies to a non stopped AFV not just a motion or moving one.

Conversely, if you wait until he has spent a stop MP it no longer applies even though the to hit modifier might still apply.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The CC modifier for motion/non-stopped is not like Case J for ordnance.