Red Factories rules for RB scenarios

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Getting ready to play scenario RB13 (Sandbanks of the Volga). Rule 0.2 states:
"Unless noted otherwise, all Chapter O rules and all RF SSR apply in all RF scenarios = both RB and RO CG and non-CG types"

Do you think this means that all of the CG SSRs apply as well? (2 sniper counters per side, 2 MMC SR, free ? regardless of LOS, etc. )

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Getting ready to play scenario RB13 (Sandbanks of the Volga). Rule 0.2 states:
"Unless noted otherwise, all Chapter O rules and all RF SSR apply in all RF scenarios = both RB and RO CG and non-CG types"

Do you think this means that all of the CG SSRs apply as well? (2 sniper counters per side, 2 MMC SR, free ? regardless of LOS, etc. )
No. The CG rules do not apply unless specifically mentioned.

JR

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. The CG rules do not apply unless specifically mentioned.

JR
I don't think that is correct. The rule quoted says they apply in CG and non-CG unless it says otherwise.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Section O11 does not apply in non-CG scenarios, unless the scenario says so. There was no intention on changing this.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Section O11 does not apply in non-CG scenarios, unless the scenario says so. There was no intention on changing this.
Then is the rule quoted above wrong or was it copied into the post incorrectly? Because based on how I read it seems to be saying they do apply.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Then is the rule quoted above wrong or was it copied into the post incorrectly? Because based on how I read it seems to be saying they do apply.
The quote is correct - but e.g., O11.4 only say the CG SSR applies in CG scenarios.

Since the entire section is titled Campaign Games - I think the intent is clear, ymmv and all that. There is always the Q&A route to get a clarification.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe it is saying all RF SSRs apply to both non-CG scenarios and to all CG-Date scenarios, not that all CG SSRs apply to both. (NOTE: We had to look at this twice when we sat down to play a RO scenario and I can understand the potential for confusion).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I believe it is saying all RF SSRs apply to both non-CG scenarios and to all CG-Date scenarios, not that all CG SSRs apply to both. (NOTE: We had to look at this twice when we sat down to play a RO scenario and I can understand the potential for confusion).
Yes, in retrospect perhaps adding the "all Chapter O rules" part wasn't the best of choices - it was certainly nothing I reflected over during proofreading. :)

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, in retrospect perhaps adding the "all Chapter O rules" part wasn't the best of choices - it was certainly nothing I reflected over during proofreading. :)
No doubt...it actually needs to be changed...the "all Chapter O rules and" part ought to be removed. As it is written, the rule actual states (not implies) that everything in chapter "O" applies to all scenarios regardless of type.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
You also have the "unless otherwise specified" clause - so not all Chapter O rules automatically apply.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You also have the "unless otherwise specified" clause - so not all Chapter O rules automatically apply.
OK...so where is any of the "otherwise specified" rules at?

From the start of the CG section...
"O11.4 CAMPAIGN GAME SPECIAL RULES: All RF CG SSR below apply in all CG scenarios"

There is nothing there that "otherwise" limits applying the CG rules to all scenarios as specified in "O.2". I suppose you could add "only" after "below".

Here is how I think it needs to read...
"O.2 RF SCENARIO SPECIAL RULES: Unless noted otherwise, all Chapter O rules (EXC: CG SSR / 11.3-.625) and all RF SSR apply in all RF scenarios -- both RB and RO CG and non-CG types."

Then the O11.4 specifies that the RF CG SSR apply in all CG scenarios. So there is the separation of the SSR.

As long as the "all chapter O rules" part remains in O.2 then the rule is literally saying that the CG SSR do apply in none CG scenarios.