Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Remember yesterday?

596 and counting! May not make 2019 but it’s a lock for 2020. Consider that this only went up on preorder during ASLOK in October. Very remarkable! Now get those orders in to top 600 today!
BANG! 600 with extra sauce. Suddenly at 611! That's more that 70 pre-orders since New Year's (over 2 per day). Math suggests the production gears could start turning in early Spring. Regardless, the odds are seeming favorable for this project.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I still believe an opportunity has been missed to clean up Chapter J and to make some modest additions to the urban environment Deluxe works best (blind facades, partially rubbled/fortified buildings, cellars for certain hexes only, multi-materials buildings, variable height staircases, etc.). This could have been put into play through specially designed deluxe overlays that could depict complex buildings you would assault only after a careful SWAT-team analysis ? The current Deluxe buildings are very bland.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still believe an opportunity has been missed to clean up Chapter J and to make some modest additions to the urban environment Deluxe works best (blind facades, partially rubbled/fortified buildings, cellars for certain hexes only, multi-materials buildings, variable height staircases, etc.). This could have been put into play through specially designed deluxe overlays that could depict complex buildings you would assault only after a careful SWAT-team analysis ? The current Deluxe buildings are very bland.
LFT is developing a HASL of an old world European city that has some of these features. Excited to see how the community receives them. Not sure what you mean by "blind facades", though?

Glad you made it back safe across the pond, George. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you while you were in Boulder. Apparently our local FRASL crowd did not not put up a good showing against The Blizzard From Bruxelles; we'll have to rectify that ignominy when you return :)

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the idea of new overlays and new boards. Had those been included in this product it probably would have already hit its P number.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After going backwards about a week ago, the 650 preorder mark has been reached.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Obviously I must now convince you to preorder. While I think the redone boards and overlays is incentive enough. The rebalanced scenarios, particularly the barkers from Streets of Fire and Hedgrow Hell, make it a must buy. The cherry on top are the rubble overlays which, I feel, absolutely transform the board (and prevent mistaking a level one counter with stone rubble). I’m still working on (okay begging) MMP to consider adding stone and wooden bridge (both in tact and destroyed) overlays as well.
Have I convinced you yet?

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also preordered two. So many good scenarios (just had another great play of Brave Little Emchas last weekend) and a much lighter travel kit as far as the mapboards go. I agree, rubble overlays are great, the rubble counters don't portray the inherent-ness quite so well. As for other overlays I wonder if it's too late to consider the ideas Mister T presented above (multi-materials buildings etc)?