Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The 36 -4 seems to be the 2x 50 cal with the 10-2 and FFMO/FFNAM

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It's hard to tell what happened, but it's possible that the 10-2 being vaporized at the cave mouth was played incorrectly. If it was an American 10-2, it's hard to imagine that the Japanese can produce a 36 -4 attack from a cave. That said, units in a cave are not considered Known for berserk-unit creation/charge [G11.97]. Now it's possible that the American 10-2 ran by a cave mouth and was zapped, but I'm going to guess not. If it was a Japanese 10-2 that was zapped and it was in a cave, units in a cave treat a Berserk result as a Battle Harden instead [G11.97]. Again without the details I can't tell if that was played correctly or not. I'm speculating based on you mentioning a cave mouth that either the charge was toward the cave or that the unit was in the cave when it went berserk.

JR
Well remembered....

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's hard to tell what happened, but it's possible that the 10-2 being vaporized at the cave mouth was played incorrectly. If it was an American 10-2, it's hard to imagine that the Japanese can produce a 36 -4 attack from a cave. That said, units in a cave are not considered Known for berserk-unit creation/charge [G11.97]. Now it's possible that the American 10-2 ran by a cave mouth and was zapped, but I'm going to guess not. If it was a Japanese 10-2 that was zapped and it was in a cave, units in a cave treat a Berserk result as a Battle Harden instead [G11.97]. Again without the details I can't tell if that was played correctly or not. I'm speculating based on you mentioning a cave mouth that either the charge was toward the cave or that the unit was in the cave when it went berserk.

JR
Sorry .. I wasn't clear and we played it wrong. You are right, Cave units dun go Berserk. I will give the man his 10-2 back. :)

There was a big stack of Marines outside the Cave who had moved off since then. They were 2 hexes from the Cave and generated FP40 point blank with a 9-2 ..

Sparks were flying .. they could see it from Gavutu ... :D

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Punched and clipped two sets of RF 5/8” counters two lots of the 1/2” info counters. Looks like this 60 day trip I’m going to run out of counters to clip!

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Set up some SotN solo action---Ethiopians massing for Human Wave vs Italian MG nest on hilltop overlooking garrison.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yesterday I sent the first scenario of the second Death To Fascism pack to our top secret play testing facility somewhere in formerly Nazi-occupied Europe.....

Super excited, Chris and I are making good progress on a handful of other scenarios as well. We should definitely be ready for release of the pack at ASLOK 2020.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pushing some more pieces around on CH Zerf map,small DYO for solo play.
Germans launch pincer attack on small Ranger company on the highway.7918791979207921

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yesterday I played S6 Released from the East w/ my 15 year old son. This was his first full scenario and first time really playing ASLSK. He grew bored with my "training" and just wanted to get into a scenario. He picked up the mechanics quickly, kicked my Germans out of the western building, and the fight went into his last turn in the center building. It is an odd feeling to be both humilated (at my apparently poor playing) and proud (of my brilliant boy) at the same time! Good news is that he wants to play again! My 12 year old daughter wants to give the game a go too. Happy Dad.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Proofing some scenarios and background material for two more upcoming releases from LCP.
Reading new book on armor used by German Order Police (Ordnungspolizei).

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Proofing some scenarios and background material for two more upcoming releases from LCP.
Reading new book on armor used by German Order Police (Ordnungspolizei).
View attachment 7930
Rumor has it that those will be shit. I doubt it, but that is what I heard. :p