Canadian Advanced Squad Leader Open XXIII

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It is with great pleasure I announce that Ottawa, Ontario, Canada will be hosting CASLO XXII! It'll be May 17th to 19th!

Come enjoy a fun weekend of scenarios at Canada's Premier ASL tournament. Ottawa, the nation's capital, has lots for the history buff, with the world class Museum of History and Canada's War Museum. The town also has plenty of good food, beer and sights for when you want to take a break from the tabletop.

CASLO will be a five round tournament with rounds focused on a range of themes which will be announced soon. There will also be a mini for those newer players/who can not take the full time.

The hotel will be the same one as CASLO XIX with its large windows in the conference rooms to brighten up the gaming day.

Registration will open Feb 1st and will be done on our website . Watch this thread for updates about the hotel, registration and sponsors.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It is with great pleasure I announce that Ottawa, Ontario, Canada will be hosting CASLO XXII! It'll be May 17th to 19th!

Come enjoy a fun weekend of scenarios at Canada's Premier ASL tournament. Ottawa, the nation's capital, has lots for the history buff, with the world class Museum of History and Canada's War Museum. The town also has plenty of good food, beer and sights for when you want to take a break from the tabletop.

CASLO will be a five round tournament with rounds focused on a range of themes which will be announced soon. There will also be a mini for those newer players/who can not take the full time.

The hotel will be the same one as CASLO XIX with its large windows in the conference rooms to brighten up the gaming day.

Registration will open Feb 1st and will be done on our website . Watch this thread for updates about the hotel, registration and sponsors.

Ottawa Club did a great job last time (except the scotch), can't wait for CASLO XXII!

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Haha, we will be getting a different scotch sponsor.

Though the local lightening we had before was enjoyed by some.
LOL

glad you got a new sponsor

that last lot was rough. my vision is still a little blurry

looking forward to CASLO XXII

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Once again we have the same issue that we had last year. Check last years discussion.
YOU CAN NOT CHARGE or the scenarios. In the Charter it says they will be available upon request.
Do what Winnipeg did last year when they realized the over site and remove the cost.

Secondly why in the world are you charging $7.50 for 20 single sided or 10 double sided sheets of paper! $2.00 at most
If the CASLO committee does not remove the cost for the scenarios I would put it to the Treasurer that he disallow any cost for ANY printing that is put forward when the Bill comes due.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I enjoyed the.. experience.. of drinking white lightning out of a mason jar, if not the actual taste, but I don't need to repeat it. See you all in Ottawa!

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Will digital copies be available for the scenario list? If so, expected date?

Thanks,
Darren
Yes, I am expecting to release the packages for Rounds 1-3 the week of March 11, and the packages for Round 4-5 and the two Minis the week of March 18. The packages will come with the scenario card and an image of a vasl setup file. Additionally, I will be releasing separately, but on the same timeline, actual vasl setup files for each of the scenarios.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Once again we have the same issue that we had last year. Check last years discussion.
YOU CAN NOT CHARGE or the scenarios. In the Charter it says they will be available upon request.
Do what Winnipeg did last year when they realized the over site and remove the cost.

Secondly why in the world are you charging $7.50 for 20 single sided or 10 double sided sheets of paper! $2.00 at most
If the CASLO committee does not remove the cost for the scenarios I would put it to the Treasurer that he disallow any cost for ANY printing that is put forward when the Bill comes due.
Hi Steve

I have looked at the Charter and I cannot see where it says TD's can't charge. It does say that they have to be made available on request. Fine; I don't think it means I can't charge for making them available.

Why $7.50? For the same reason I am charging $20 per t-shirt and $10 per coffee cup, both of which are above the cost of production.

All of the above seems moot as only one registered player has requested the paper copies. In order to avoid spending more time on this than necessary, we will forgive the cost of the copies and I will change the form on the website.

Doug
CASLO XXIII Tournament Director