Red Factories miscellaneous stuff

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"A heavy modified leader directing fire is probably a game mechanic to denote a rather good leader re-positioning/directing weapons to fire into a location to achieve maximum effect over a prolonged time frame but condensed into a workable approach for "quick" :LOL:game play. "

Sorry but that's just plain silly.
Silly is, silly does! It's all I could come up with on short notice!:unsure:

cvetzor

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Country
llUnited States
So what exactly does the Slag Heap represent? The outline looks like a level 1 hill covered by debris. Or is it a rubble hex on steroids covered by debris. Could not find a description in the RF Rules.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
So what exactly does the Slag Heap represent? The outline looks like a level 1 hill covered by debris. Or is it a rubble hex on steroids covered by debris. Could not find a description in the RF Rules.
Slag is the leftovers from smelting steel so, in essence, a great pile of glass

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Curious, it is...
such venom for well-established and respected TPPs coming from you...
yet - coming from you - not a peep regarding that most, and for good reason, reviled of ALL TPPs...
curious, indeed...
Toodles!
Now reread what I wrote. Or did you miss the "dislike CH on several levels". I know well why they have the reputation of dirt. I named HoB and FF because I actually have their product - I will never buy anything from CH.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You guys want to stay on topic rather than passive aggressive smack talk about game companies?
I'd love to. I just don't appreciate being trolled by a member.

I have liked where the ACTUAL discussion has gone so far. Topics like hex size, density, what does a leader mod represent and such are the kind of things ASL prospers on talk of.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good sentiments!

So, what do you think of my more minimalist approach to making fortified buildings more "toothy"? Specifically making non-ordinance/FT fire against them Area Fire? It would serve to mute the big small arms fire groups but a DC or FT or indeed a gun or PF or Panzerschreck would be full power.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
How is making a Fortified building more resilient to Leader modified 30 odd FP from small arms/MG's going to make a 30FP DC with no leadership modifier a more viable option?

Last edited:

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How is making a Fortified building more resilient to 30 odd FP and -2 from small arms/MG's going to make a 30FP DC with no leadership modifier a more viable option?
Good question.

The 30 would halve to 15 so it would resolve on the 12 column with a net +2 (assuming a -2 leader). A 30FP with a 0 or alternately (if you are breaching) a 12 that leaves a breach seems better. What if the proposal applied to unbreached fortified locations?

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
You're suggesting that only area fire can be used against units in a fortified building ?

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're suggesting that only area fire can be used against units in a fortified building ?
The proposal was to treat all Non-Ordinance / FT / DC fire versus a fortified location as Area Fire yes.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That makes it stronger than a pillbox, and TBH really out of step with how the game works.
Again, all this is really based on a presumption and I feel an overstatement of the actual strength of a fortified building.

Joelist

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or maybe Pillboxes are also understated. You make a good point - the same pro-con arguments on fortified building locations would apply to Pillboxes / Bunkers.