The elephant in the room for missing counters

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C'mon designers, we're up to our armpits with chrome. 3rd party developers have added non-generic aircraft, all sorts of patrol boats, folks are working on armored trains, we've got a counter for a SINGLE Finnish AC that once existed for crying out loud. Where are our nationality specific rules and horse, mule, and camel counters?

You thought I was going to ask for war elephants weren't you?

We'll of course need muleskinner counters and MMTC "Mule Movement Task Checks" for non-qualified use of a mule by non-muleskinner personnel ...
And kick-severity rolls for SMCs that fail the MMTC.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C'mon designers, we're up to our armpits with chrome. 3rd party developers have added non-generic aircraft, all sorts of patrol boats, folks are working on armored trains, we've got a counter for a SINGLE Finnish AC that once existed for crying out loud. Where are our nationality specific rules and horse, mule, and camel counters?

We'll of course need muleskinner counters and MMTC "Mule Movement Task Checks" for non-qualified use of a mule by non-muleskinner personnel ...
Ah, I'm still waiting for the L5 spotter plane with 6 under-slung bazooka's. (Actual use by an FO Maj. and even destroyed some AFVs and saved a unit from overrun by an armored column during the Loraine Campaign).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
There are no Raupenschlepper Ost of German nationaitly in the MMP counter mix. Only Finnish.

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are no Raupenschlepper Ost of German nationaitly in the MMP counter mix. Only Finnish.

von Marwitz
Everybody knows that a single Finnish soldier could kill a company of Russians with nothing but a fountain pen. The Germans probably used their Raupenschlepper Ost for things like carrying supplies while the Finns used theirs in an anti-tank role.
;)

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I know your taking the mickey Gordon, but if you delve into the Burma theatre, there were occasional encounters with elephants by British patrols, and, yes, the mules used for supply transport could be recalcitrant: running off at the first sound of combat, or plunging off jungle hillsides, taking all the platoon supplies with it to their death.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know your taking the mickey Gordon, but if you delve into the Burma theatre, there were occasional encounters with elephants by British patrols, and, yes, the mules used for supply transport could be recalcitrant: running off at the first sound of combat, or plunging off jungle hillsides, taking all the platoon supplies with it to their death.
Now look what you've done ...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Mules were used at Guadalcanal, but did not perform well. They were difficult to supply and were not fond of the jungle terrain. They were used by the allies in Italy. The one thing I have heard about elephants is that despite their size they could not carry very much. I recall that they were highly prized for their construction abilities.

JR

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SW counter for the magic feather is needed.
There's one in every crowd. I was going to do that, but then we'd have to add rules for MFLTCs (Magic Feather Loss Task Checks) and IFMFRA (In Flight Magic Feather Recovery Attempts) and then what leadership modifier do we give Jiminy Cricket? It never ends ...

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's one in every crowd. I was going to do that, but then we'd have to add rules for MFLTCs (Magic Feather Loss Task Checks) and IFMFRA (In Flight Magic Feather Recovery Attempts) and then what leadership modifier do we give Jiminy Cricket? It never ends ...
Rules for unarmored circus trains too. Jiminy was in Pinocchio.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
For Elephants you will need Berserk rules. I have a vague memory of small muzzle loading cannon being mounted and fired while still on the elephant.

What about specific anti-elephant weapons like the Roman "Flaming Pigs" (I kid you not!), don't know about mice though. Cavalry unless, unless trained with elephants tend to bolt.

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For Elephants you will need Berserk rules. I have a vague memory of small muzzle loading cannon being mounted and fired while still on the elephant.

What about specific anti-elephant weapons like the Roman "Flaming Pigs" (I kid you not!), don't know about mice though. Cavalry unless, unless trained with elephants tend to bolt.
All excellent points. We should have a rule section completed shortly.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What about the German fully tracked artillery tractors which only exist in Axis Minor colours?
Sure, that type of vehicle hardly ever appears in a scenario, but for the peace of mind of the completists, those counters should exist.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

There was a Preston Branded mule (08K0) captured in the CBI...that eventually was recaptured during the Korean War by UN forces...so if that mule could talk it would have some war stories to tell..."there I was with Merrill...when hey presto the IJA nabs me...then next thing you know the GMD frees me....but then hey what is all this about a "Little Red Book" I am in CPVA service...then years later I hear that familiar southern twang of a mule skinner from Alabama....home at last." I know of one human who can best the mule "Felix J McCool" USMC..."

Last edited: