ASL OPEN Is Less Than 2 Months Away

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be there, hopefully my fractured knee will be healed by then. Just wish there were alot less DTF and FrF scenarios on the list, those things are so heavily scripted that you are forced to practice/ play them before the tourney or you will be lost in the sauce if you play them cold. Other then that, the rest of the scenarios look good. (wish there were more KWASL scenarios lol)

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am INTENDING to show but it's contingent on Jeff DY being able to attend.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am INTENDING to show but it's contingent on Jeff DY being able to attend.
Hope both of you are able to be there. If it ever quits snowing here Curtis, Steve (Captain America) Rogers & I plan to attend this year. Even if I lose every game this year it'll be better than being in the hospital like last year!:)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes those frf/dtf scenarios are balanced but they also hamstring the players in both set up and freedom of action. Granted that sort of design philosophy is easier to playtest and balance much more quickly but nonetheless are not fun to play. Yes there are oldies on the list, but they are fun to play and give players much more freedom in both set up and maneuver.

Barring something unexpected I will be there.

And I completely disagree with Scott, the list needs more DtF and FrF scenarios, not less. Way too many oldies on the list for my taste.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I plan on being there.

I realize the trend is for "meatier" scenarios, but I would have liked to have seen a few more modestly sized Schwerpunkt-style ones because ... A) The remote possibility there may be players there who are tad slow (slow playing, I mean) and B) The possibility that players may want to wrap up a game reasonably quickly for whatever reasons (like wanting to get away early on Sunday).