Le Franc Tireur 14 : now available for order

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suppose so - VC are often worded as "side X wins if so and so happens", and the opposite side exactly if side X fails to satisfy the conditions. When scenario designers want the possibility of a draw, they have to state it explicitly.
Correct. The French must have more troops on both hills AND they must punish the axis badly.
Thank you Both

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Both :)

IIRC the one with red MP is used in a specific scenario of the pack. The other is provided for convenience in case it is used in any TPP scenario.

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting ready to play Radio X-Mas in a couple of weeks. One quick question about the X-Mas Squads. Can they deploy?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Getting ready to play Radio X-Mas in a couple of weeks. One quick question about the X-Mas Squads. Can they deploy?
Hi,
I wrote the scenario so hope i can help some. I don't have access to the scenario right now but, unless it specifically states in an SSR that they can freely deploy then no, they can only deploy with the assistance of a leader

Hope you enjoy the scenario nonetheless

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Per A25.61 Italian elite squads may deploy (in all the normal ways), and the squads in the scenario are marked as elite by having an "E" (circled) for their unit class.

JR

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Per A25.61 Italian elite squads may deploy (in all the normal ways), and the squads in the scenario are marked as elite by having an "E" (circled) for their unit class.

JR
Well that supercedes what I said as they are elite squads

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Well that supercedes what I said as they are elite squads
Just to be clear, Italian elite squads may not freely deploy or deploy more than normal like Finns or US Marines. In this scenario they may deploy two squads at start plus as many as RPh deployment/prisoner deployment will allow. I think the original poster was asking if they can deploy at all, as an Italian first line squad may not deploy at setup or with a leader, only with a prisoner.

JR

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just to be clear, Italian elite squads may not freely deploy or deploy more than normal like Finns or US Marines. In this scenario they may deploy two squads at start plus as many as RPh deployment/prisoner deployment will allow. I think the original poster was asking if they can deploy at all, as an Italian first line squad may not deploy at setup or with a leader, only with a prisoner.

JR
Good point

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JR
Yes, I was asking if they could deploy at all. I over looked Elite squads can deploy. Thanks for the response. I'll post how the scenario goes once we play it (scheduled for March 16).

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got LFT 14 a few weeks ago from Ritterkrieg...
What a beautiful package!
Thank you, LFT!!!

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I read through my copy over the last couple of lunch hours.

While I have yet to play a single scenario I must say the breadth and variety of scenarios is marvelous - from Belgian Congolese in Ethiopia, to Greek schoolgirl prisoners in the village of Limni. The Albanian Gendarmes are worth the price of admission alone. If you want to get away from Normandy and Stalingrad this scenario pack/magazine is as far away as you can get!

A great job by the Crew at LFT!

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In regards to the massacre VP wording in several of the LFT14 scenarios. For instance, FT236. If the Axis player massacres a Partisan squad, is that 4VP (the normal value for a prisoner squad at game end) or 8VP ( I ask because of the "doubling" wording in the VC)? I think its 4, but several of these new FT scenarios have this VC wording, and thought I'd ask.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a good time playing "Heart of Darkness". Seems pretty well done and balanced, but like most smaller ones, a bit dicey. Got lucky that my opponent's good rolls were on TH rather than TK vs the vehicles and got a lucky capture in CC as the South Africans. Interested to hear how others (better players?) feel about that scenario (FT232).

Playing FT249 "Winter's Fury" and FT226 "Veni Venezia" this weekend. Hopefully my good luck will hold.