When you just can't find that perfect board

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
That scenario is the default choice for TDs who want to screw with recalcitrant players who refuse to agree on a scenario choice in the morning round of a mini.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Who cares what board is under that pile of overlays. Is there any original hex from the mapboard that is still in play without having been covered by overlays?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
You can play here:
This used to be a free download from CH website and a redo (shocker) of Paddington Bears' PBP 20 Hard to Kill. I haven't pulled the overlays but looks like somebody wanted a long village along a roadway board (something Petros and others have been messing around with in the designers forum).

Who cares what board is under that pile of overlays. Is there any original hex from the mapboard that is still in play without having been covered by overlays?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A lot of these scenarios can be redone with newer maps. But then again, why not do a different segment of that same battle with your own designs? ASL scenarios did not comprehensively cover the entire battle that took part in each situation. HASLs are the exception.

rottenroller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the scenario Water Fowl from Operation Veritable HSASL uses overlays on ocean overlays. I don't think any boards were used, if there are boards it is only to help setup the overlays.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I believe the scenario Water Fowl from Operation Veritable HSASL uses overlays on ocean overlays. I don't think any boards were used, if there are boards it is only to help setup the overlays.
No boards. Gavutu-Tanambogo used to be all overlays, but MMP ruined it.

JR