CORREGIDOR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
How do you store those large laminated maps?

I've been having copies of my HASL maps made, printed on heavy paper, but I find it difficult to store them flat. I tried buying the largest art drawing folder I could find, but even then some of the maps are too big for it (and don't even get me started on the OtO map - way too long).
Well, buy two sheets of thin plywood, add some hinges. Glue some felt on the inside. Done.

von Marwitz

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
very nice product. love the BFP. cool map, not too heavy SSR's/terrain. really looking forward to playing it. CtR-10 next on the docket!

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
8:18-54:45 of the show appears to be missing. I was able to hear the intro comments, but to the call to Sarge, then wrap up commentary.
The audio is only coming out of the left channel. How are you playing it?

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the feedback- I was able to stream it accurately through my phone on the drive home. Great interview, the module sounds very intriguing.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
8:18-54:45 of the show appears to be missing. I was able to hear the intro comments, but to the call to Sarge, then wrap up commentary.
Might drop a note to the 2 half squads. I listened twice and had no issues either time. Skype connection during interview dropped out on three occasions causing brief garbling, but 98% of interview intact.

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the feedback- I was able to stream it accurately through my phone on the drive home. Great interview, the module sounds very intriguing.
You're welcome.

I just played CtR3 With Profound Regret. It was a close game and very bloody.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do you store those large laminated maps?

I've been having copies of my HASL maps made, printed on heavy paper, but I find it difficult to store them flat. I tried buying the largest art drawing folder I could find, but even then some of the maps are too big for it (and don't even get me started on the OtO map - way too long).
Luckily for you, the new OtO map will be in multiple 22X34" sections. Should be much easier to store.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So updated graphics, updated rules, updated scenarios, new scenarios, new counters, etc is pure evil then?!

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh Great Chas! .. just got CtR, still working through OS, new OtO and Peleliu coming (reading "Landing In Hell"
by Peter Margaritis on the First MARDIV on Peleliu). Ohh the Horror!! .. oh well, got the Credit Card ready.
Cheers dude!
Pierce

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Pretty neat article to go with this module:

g_young

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if the terrain for Corregidor is "complicated" (i.e caves), seeing as I'm a PTO newby.

Seriously thinking of picking up a copy of this. Thanks in advance!

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to know if the terrain for Corregidor is "complicated" (i.e caves), seeing as I'm a PTO newby.

Seriously thinking of picking up a copy of this. Thanks in advance!
Some scenarios have caves. I fail to understand why others think they are so complex.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some scenarios have caves. I fail to understand why others think they are so complex.
If you think of caves as nothing more than a natural pillbox that you can only attack from the front (or climbing down from above) they really are no big deal. Linking pillboxes together with trenches is similar to caves and cave complexes (with moving through the passages being out of any LOS) that too is no big deal.
Back on point.....only a couple scenz use any caves, and they are available as a fortification purchase in CG II. Caves do not play a major part in the Corregidor module. Think of "Coors" as PTO-light.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow. Got it in the mail yesterday and browsed thru the whole thing. Impressive! My favorite BFP product since Blood & Jungle and Poland in Flames.

Looking forward to OTO 2. I sold OTO awhile ago for big bucks, so it will be nice to have a new and improved version.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A question on the FPP cost of Tunnels.

The Note 14 says that the cost for tunnels is lowered due to the extensive use of them in real life.

The FPP cost is 20 per tunnel.

The FPP cost of the "rulebook" tunnel - a fortified location - is 8 FPP.

How is 20 cheaper than 8 to make this information consistent? I see that you get them "free" with a Japanese pillbox, but 20 is a pretty hefty cost if they were common in real life.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A question on the FPP cost of Tunnels.

The Note 14 says that the cost for tunnels is lowered due to the extensive use of them in real life.

The FPP cost is 20 per tunnel.

The FPP cost of the "rulebook" tunnel - a fortified location - is 8 FPP.

How is 20 cheaper than 8 to make this information consistent? I see that you get them "free" with a Japanese pillbox, but 20 is a pretty hefty cost if they were common in real life.
I assume you are actually referring to Note 15 which talks about underground passageways and tunnels since Note 14 discusses the railroad terminal.
I will use Red Barricades, Blood Reef Tarawa, and Valor of the Guards for examples since they also have Tunnels in their Fortification Purchase tables.

Red Barricades - a tunnel costs 30 FPP. Blood Reef Tarawa - a Tunnel costs 30 FPP. Valor of the Guards - a Tunnel costs 30 FPP. Corregidor: the Rock - a Tunnel costs 20 FPP. You could go ahead and relinquish your Fortified Building purchases for tunnels at an even cheaper cost (8 FPP).....but it was our experience in playtesting that the Japanese need to make use of every single type of terrain improvement to increase their odds. Tunnels help them move around easier.....Fortified Locations help them survive better. Personally I would not trade in my FL's for a Tunnel.....I would just purchase them as needed, but that's just me. Note that Cave Complexes are NA (see note in the Fortification Purchase Table under "Caves". Hope that clears up the "fuzzy math".

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You could go ahead and relinquish your Fortified Building purchases for tunnels at an even cheaper cost (8 FPP)...
Hi Sarge--this does not make any sense at all. If you can buy FBs for 8 and use them as Tunnels instead, what is the point of purchasing a Tunnel? There is no limit to # of FBs you can purchase. You might as well say that Tunnels/Fortified Buildings cost 8 FPP......we have not been playing it this way in our CG. Also, in other CGs exchange of FBs for Tunnels is NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.