Status of Peleliu HASL

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, then...

When is Peleliu going to be available?
Didn't you get your copy yet? Could have sworn we filled all the outstanding orders. Reprint should be available sometime in 2025. :)
Putting finishing touches on cleaning up a couple small things. Rules just need final proofing. Initial proofing by about a dozen very gracious folks was done last two years. Scenarios are basically done. One or two might need one more playing just to verify last minute adjustments. Digital playtest map is done. Rick still needs to complete final print run map. We've all been busy the past several months getting Corregidor out the door, and now are involved in finalizing the reprint for Onslaught to Orsha. Then we need to finish up the stuff for the Recon by Fire 5 magazine due out later this year (I know Chas....the Coors article for that is coming along nicely, thank you). The final print decision is Chas', but I would suspect Peleliu would by up not long after RbF5 has shipped. Late this year? A stretch I think, although I would love that myself. Early to mid 2020? More likely. Of course, if enough folks drop friendly emails to the Colonel I am sure he might be persuaded to move up the print queue somewhat.....just sayin'.
"What do we want? Peleliu. When do we want it? Now!" Let's get the chat going shall we? :)

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may be okay with being tied at the hip with Rick for working on Peleliu, but I will not hold hands. I am certain Rick is very happy to hear that. "Bro hugs" are optional, although frowned upon. :)

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man, no rest for the weary. Just usher Corrs out the door and it's all, 'ok, what have you done for me lately?' Where the **** is Peleliu?!

Patience will be required, grasshopper.....
No good deed goes unpunished, Herr Rick!

Edit: A gringo euphemism for the Buddhist idea of it not being useful to expect gratitude for virtuous actions.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
More like : there’s no past, no future, only the present - what have you done for me now? Wait, is that my boss or Buddha?

Boss is Buddha. Buddha is Boss. We are all One ..

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Man, no rest for the weary. Just usher Corrs out the door and it's all, 'ok, what have you done for me lately?' Where the **** is Peleliu?!

Patience will be required, grasshopper. I am currently feverishly working on getting the graphics and artwork for Onslaught to Orsha finished so that we can release that this year. Next up in the pipeline will probably be a nice small HASL by Dave Lamb covering the British crossing of the Seine at Vernon, France. (1 map, CG, 8 scenarios). Recon By Fire is also in the near term pipeline if we can get all of the articles lined up for it. THEN I will need to get cracking on Peleliu. Sarge and I will need to be tied at the hip on that puppy. This one is going to require a sh*t-ton of work on all of the map design, rules, and counter artwork that will be required. Think Corrs times 10.
This sounds that Peleliu will be ready for shipment this Thursday if you cut down a bit on your sloth.
Excellent! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

von Marwitz

P.S. Almost forgot: Will the VASL map & extension be ready in time for the week-end? :unsure:

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Patience will be required, grasshopper. I am currently feverishly working on getting the graphics and artwork for Onslaught to Orsha finished so that we can release that this year. Next up in the pipeline will probably be a nice small HASL by Dave Lamb covering the British crossing of the Seine at Vernon, France. (1 map, CG, 8 scenarios). Recon By Fire is also in the near term pipeline if we can get all of the articles lined up for it. THEN I will need to get cracking on Peleliu. Sarge and I will need to be tied at the hip on that puppy. This one is going to require a sh*t-ton of work on all of the map design, rules, and counter artwork that will be required. Think Corrs times 10.
So, maybe X-Mas 2020?

I am just starting to learn caves just for this module.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Smart man. You'll definitely need that skill for the fighting in the Umbrigols.
Heya Rick/ Sarge, it will be good to have a few helpful tables about fighting those Caves. Mr Dolan's giving me a hell of a program with Caves but man ..

A tidy table about the different way where Caves can be destroyed .. or a table cross indexing how different weapon systems interact with Caves etc.

If you are planning a magazine with it, that is.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heya Rick/ Sarge, it will be good to have a few helpful tables about fighting those Caves. Mr Dolan's giving me a hell of a program with Caves but man ..

A tidy table about the different way where Caves can be destroyed .. or a table cross indexing how different weapon systems interact with Caves etc.

Good suggestion for a player aid. I'm sure that we'll have something on caves to help folks out. Not sure if there will be a mag with it or not.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Greedy, I am, and impatient..
BUT, I am a loyal BFP fan, having purchased and enjoyed everything BFP has published...
And, I am a YUGE fan of the cave rules...
So, please sir... can I have some more?
Thank you, BFP... for everything you do for us!!!

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't you get your copy yet? Could have sworn we filled all the outstanding orders. Reprint should be available sometime in 2025. :)
Putting finishing touches on cleaning up a couple small things. Rules just need final proofing. Initial proofing by about a dozen very gracious folks was done last two years. Scenarios are basically done. One or two might need one more playing just to verify last minute adjustments. Digital playtest map is done. Rick still needs to complete final print run map. We've all been busy the past several months getting Corregidor out the door, and now are involved in finalizing the reprint for Onslaught to Orsha. Then we need to finish up the stuff for the Recon by Fire 5 magazine due out later this year (I know Chas....the Coors article for that is coming along nicely, thank you). The final print decision is Chas', but I would suspect Peleliu would by up not long after RbF5 has shipped. Late this year? A stretch I think, although I would love that myself. Early to mid 2020? More likely. Of course, if enough folks drop friendly emails to the Colonel I am sure he might be persuaded to move up the print queue somewhat.....just sayin'.
"What do we want? Peleliu. When do we want it? Now!" Let's get the chat going shall we? :)
Oh wow, the first three sentences of your post have had me chuckling for hours... good one!
Peleliu will have a historical map of the Umurbrogol pocket, yes?
I am a YUGE fan of the cave rules! I am really stoked for this.
Thank you, BFP, for everything you do for us!!!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Over the past two and a half years, in between working on more pressing projects, I have been putting together an article on Caves. The rough draft is worked up and is in the hands of some unknowns who are diligently proofing it, finding all my typos, verifying rules references, correcting my grammatical errors. It will most likely get expanded further in details, but as of now it is about twenty five pages long with (IIRC) about twenty graphic examples. How to attack a cave by climbing down from above, by approaching the cave entrance hex with a FT, placing/throwing/setting a DC against a cave, using ordnance, indirect fire, OBA and NOBA, aircraft, flinging monkey poo.....okay, maybe not monkey poo, but it will try to cover everything you ever wanted to know about caves in ASL but were afraid to ask. I'm pushing to include the article in the mag that will come with Peleliu. The mag will also include a battle history, cover the terrain types on the HASL map, and maybe some explanation of design concepts and other goodies. Is that sorta what you were looking for Jackson?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Over the past two and a half years, in between working on more pressing projects, I have been putting together an article on Caves. The rough draft is worked up and is in the hands of some unknowns who are diligently proofing it, finding all my typos, verifying rules references, correcting my grammatical errors. It will most likely get expanded further in details, but as of now it is about twenty five pages long with (IIRC) about twenty graphic examples. How to attack a cave by climbing down from above, by approaching the cave entrance hex with a FT, placing/throwing/setting a DC against a cave, using ordnance, indirect fire, OBA and NOBA, aircraft, flinging monkey poo.....okay, maybe not monkey poo, but it will try to cover everything you ever wanted to know about caves in ASL but were afraid to ask. I'm pushing to include the article in the mag that will come with Peleliu. The mag will also include a battle history, cover the terrain types on the HASL map, and maybe some explanation of design concepts and other goodies. Is that sorta what you were looking for Jackson?
Dead on. Thanks mate :) (Were there monkey's on Peleliu?)