FT-237 Roma Victor!--SSR#7 Help

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SSR 7 states "The Axis receive Air Support as per E7.2 in the form of 3 FB with no bombs and with a 4FP MG if =>2 Pontoon Bridge counters are destroyed before any L3 is on the east bank or if the bridge is not completed on Turn 4. In that case, the L3 did not enter play. In both cases, apply Axis balance"

What does this mean?
(1) if the bridge is completed before Turn 4 (possible I think) they get the FBs?
(2) if the bridge is not completed by Turn 4, they get the FBs?
(3) if the bridge is not completed by Turn 4, they don't get the L3s?
(4) if the bridge is completed on Turn 5 or greater, they get both the L3s and the planes?

I'm having serious Grok Failure on this SSR. Please help!

Aside from this SSR giving me trouble it looks like a cool scenario @TomK

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
1/ correct
2/ correct
3/ they could thereafter It is just a reminder that they did not get into play
4/ yes

I realize that the wording of that SSR could be more efficient.

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Does that mean that the sentence "In that last case, the L3 did not enter play" is useless/confusing and should be removed?

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This does look like a very interesting scenario!
I have been unable to set up overlay FT7 on board 35. I cannot figure out the hex coordinates for the overlay to make it appear per the scenario card map art.
Can anybody provide advice please?

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does that mean that the sentence "In that last case, the L3 did not enter play" is useless/confusing and should be removed?
Agree

1/ correct
2/ correct
3/ they could thereafter It is just a reminder that they did not get into play
4/ yes

I realize that the wording of that SSR could be more efficient.

So, basically, they get both the FBs and the L3s regardless. If the bridge is not completed by Turn 4 they get the balance?

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The scenario author corrected me that his intention was that the L3 do not enter if the FB enter play. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
His concern was that because the L3 a important to the Italian player he should get a consolation prize instead.

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario author corrected me that his intention was that the L3 do not enter if the FB enter play. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
His concern was that because the L3 a important to the Italian player he should get a consolation prize instead.
Thanks Benj. So, if bridge is completed on or before Turn 4 they get the L3s and no FBs. If the bridge is not completed by Turn 4 they get the FBs and the game is extended per the balance.

We are playing this on Saturday.

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have been unable to set up overlay FT7 on board 35. I cannot figure out the hex coordinates for the overlay to make it appear per the scenario card map art. Can anybody provide advice please?
There is a very faint LFT logo on one of the short edges right next to an orchard hex. Place that logo over 35FF2 and you'll have it properly positioned.

My overlay came from the magazine. I did not download it from LFT website so I can't speak to that particular overlay.

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. I think the issue I am having in vasl is the overlay does not have different gifs for variations in the overlays' configuration on the board. Placing it with 35FF2 does not align in properly. At least i cannot figure it out.

Last edited:

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Thank you. I think the issue I am having in vasl is the overlay does not have different gifs for variations in the overlays' configuration on the board. Placing it with 35FF2 does not align in properly. At least i cannot figure it out.
In vasl overlay FT7 is called FT07
and can only be in 2 row follow the board so don't need two hex coordinates