Roadblock Clearance

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
During their MPh a unit goes TI and declares a roadblock clearance attempt.

Is that unit then required to make the clearance DR during their CCPh?

Thanks.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I'm trying to imagine what situation prompts your unit to choose not to clear the roadblock after spending the entire turn using Hazardous Movement and under TI...cover?

Regardless, the RB appears to say that the Clearance DR is optional (though surely it is conditional):
B24.76 ROADBLOCK: Unpinned, Good Order Infantry MMC/Dozer which has not moved or fired (or directed fire) during that Player Turn (as evidenced by placement of a TI counter and the declaration of their removal attempt during their MPh/DFPh) in a Location containing a roadblock hexside may remove that roadblock as Hazardous Movement with a successful Clearance DR at the end of the CCPh (see also 29.5).​

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm trying to imagine what situation prompts your unit to choose not to clear the roadblock after spending the entire turn using Hazardous Movement and under TI...cover?
One possible situation is that they have an AFV behind the roadblock, waiting to cross, but the rest of the turn revealed an AT gun on the other side, and removing the roadblock would make the AFV lose HD status. So, cover.

Another possible case is that the rest of the turn revealed enemy AFVs nearby, and that removing the roadblock would allow them to go through. Unlikely in most tactical situations, but this at least is not just cover.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm trying to imagine what situation prompts your unit to choose not to clear the roadblock after spending the entire turn using Hazardous Movement and under TI...
Actually it was my roadblock and my opponent was trying to clear it...:)

...and the exact below situation is what occurred...?

One possible situation is that they have an AFV behind the roadblock, waiting to cross, but the rest of the turn revealed an AT gun on the other side, and removing the roadblock would make the AFV lose HD status.
Anyway...it definitely doesn't say you HAVE to make the Clearance DR...so agreed it is optional.

Regardless, the RB appears to say that the Clearance DR is optional (though surely it is conditional):
B24.76 ROADBLOCK: Unpinned, Good Order Infantry MMC/Dozer which has not moved or fired (or directed fire) during that Player Turn (as evidenced by placement of a TI counter and the declaration of their removal attempt during their MPh/DFPh) in a Location containing a roadblock hexside may remove that roadblock as Hazardous Movement with a successful Clearance DR at the end of the CCPh (see also 29.5).​