Primosole Bridge CGIII Initial Setup Q

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am starting to setup for my first ASL CG, Primosole Bridge from Journal 6 (CG #3). I am setting up as the soon to be road-kill Italians, and have a question on the initial setup:

"Elements of the 372nd Coastal Defense Battalion of the 213th Coastal Defense Division of the Italian XVI Corps [ELR: PBr SSR 5] set up on or adjacent to at least one Paved Road Hex in a building or fortification..."

How do I parse these setup requirements?

1. (on OR adjacent to at least one Paved Road Hex) in a (building OR fortification)?

This doesn't seem correct, since there are no paved road hexes with buildings or fortifications, so why add "on"?

2. (on a paved road hex) OR (adjacent to a paved road hex in a (building OR fortification))

This means I can't set up in the pillbox in hexes N16, O27, nor trenches in P26 and P27.

Cheers,
Alan

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am starting to setup for my first ASL CG, Primosole Bridge from Journal 6 (CG #3). I am setting up as the soon to be road-kill Italians, and have a question on the initial setup:

"Elements of the 372nd Coastal Defense Battalion of the 213th Coastal Defense Division of the Italian XVI Corps [ELR: PBr SSR 5] set up on or adjacent to at least one Paved Road Hex in a building or fortification..."

How do I parse these setup requirements?

1. (on OR adjacent to at least one Paved Road Hex) in a (building OR fortification)?

This doesn't seem correct, since there are no paved road hexes with buildings or fortifications, so why add "on"?

2. (on a paved road hex) OR (adjacent to a paved road hex in a (building OR fortification))

This means I can't set up in the pillbox in hexes N16, O27, nor trenches in P26 and P27.
The fortifications must set up in the hexes specified in I-8. The full setup instructions are, "Elements of the 372nd Coastal Defense Battalion of the 213th Coastal Defense Division of the Italian XVI Corps [ELR: PBr SSR 5] set up on or adjacent to at least one Paved Road Hex in a building or fortification with ≤ 1 MMC per hex [EXC: See SSR I-8]".

In #2 you have re-written the first clause. #1 seems to be most correct, except for the exceptions listed in I-8.

JR