A to Q on Street Fighting -1DRM in SFF Reaction Fire?

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
#2; SFF is a form of Defensive First FIre.

....Perry

MMP

On November 7, 2018 at 7:48 AM Aaron Cleavin <aaron.cleavin@gmail.com> wrote:

A11.8 States that : "A vehicle in such a road hex may be attacked by infantry ... as their Defensive First Fire Attack. Reaction first is identical to street fighting CC except the vehicle may not attack back"...
"Any vehicle in stationery bypass or using VBM is also subject to Street fighting rules"

From this then an infantry unit may not perform SFF RF versus a vehicle in an eligible road hex. When a vehicle is in VBM though the situation is not as clear, and the interaction with D7.211 is not transparent.

What are the SFF CC RF options of Infantry in this case (Say a squad which has passed a PAATC seeking to attack a goog order AFV on the 2nd MP of a bypass of a woods/building the squad is in)

1. Cannot make a SFF RF at all as constrained from so doing by "as their defensive first fire attack"
2. Can make a SFF RF attack but does not receive the -1 Street fighting ambush DRM (Hence need a Final CC DR of 5 +2 Motion +1 SFF == 2
3. Can make a SFF RF attack and receive the -1 Street fighting ambush DRM (Hence need a Final CC DR of 5 +2 Motion +1 SFF -1 Street Fighting == 3

Regards
Aaron Cleavin​

nathan brown

Infrequent Flyer
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just making sure I have my head around the whole CCRF thing

In this sentence of the question:

What are the SFF CC RF options of Infantry in this case (Say a squad which has passed a PAATC seeking to attack a goog order AFV on the 2nd MP of a bypass of a woods/building the squad is in)

why is it important that the squad has passed a PAATC? - it is not Advancing into the vehicles hex so it does not need to pass a PAATC (the vehicle moved into its Hex?). Presumably the vehicle moved into its Hex.

Also as a further question assuming the vehicle has an Sn (Close Defence) weapon; can it attack the squad back after the CCRF? (the first one and the second one if they attacked twice? - or is it restricted to THE CCPH?.

I gather from A11.8 the Sn could not attack someone darting into the street in DFF.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Just making sure I have my head around the whole CCRF thing

In this sentence of the question:

why is it important that the squad has passed a PAATC? - it is not Advancing into the vehicles hex so it does not need to pass a PAATC (the vehicle moved into its Hex?). Presumably the vehicle moved into its Hex.

Also as a further question assuming the vehicle has an Sn (Close Defence) weapon; can it attack the squad back after the CCRF? (the first one and the second one if they attacked twice? - or is it restricted to THE CCPH?.

I gather from A11.8 the Sn could not attack someone darting into the street in DFF.
During the (enemy) MPh a unit must pass a PAATC to perform CC-RF even if the target has entered its hex [D7.21]. During the APh units must pass a PAATC to advance into a Location with an enemy AFV [A11.6]. During the CCPh units do not take PAATCs at all. If an enemy vehicle moves into a hex with friendly infantry during the CCPh, the infantry do not need to take a PAATC in the CCPh. Likewise if the CC has been on-going for some while, the infantry do not need take further PAATCs to continue the fight.

JR

Last edited:

nathan brown

Infrequent Flyer
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks JR. appreciate your great rules knowledge thanks.

Any guidance on the Sn (Close defence weapons) questions which to perhaps phrase a bit better are:

If a AFV with an Sn is attacked by street fighting CC RF can it use that Sn after the attack?. (I presume not as per ' except that vehicles may not attack back'

but if the AFV enters a units building hex in bypass and it is (after its PAATC :) )CC RF'd as DFF (using street fighting) will it get attacked back by the Sn? (and also the CMG/ halved for motion)

and if the answer to the bypass question is yes the Sn can attack could it also attack a CC RF using SFF (without street fighting per this thread) can/will it get Sn again!

I gather that everyone in the hex would get the as well not just the attacking units (?)

I ask because the Sn firing refers to the CCPh itself...but I presume there is some sort of 'floating CCPh' concept arising from Reaction Fire

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The sN can be used with HE to attack only during the CCPh per A11.622. It can only be used for Smoke outside the CCPh [D13.34]. A street fighting DFF unit cannot be attacked by any means except passive ones like mines, residual or OBA. The Nahverteidigungswaffe attacks all vulnerable units in its Location during the CCPh.

JR

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The sN can be used with HE to attack only during the CCPh per A11.622. It can only be used for Smoke outside the CCPh [D13.34]. A street fighting DFF unit cannot be attacked by any means except passive ones like mines, residual or OBA. The Nahverteidigungswaffe attacks all vulnerable units in its Location during the CCPh.

JR
If and only if the AFV is attacked!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I don't see a response from Perry. Moving this to the Q&A Forum until an answer is provided. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Get angry then ask nicely. What to do. -- jim