New ASL player from Malaysia

Goh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llMalaysia
Hello all the veteren players of ASL,
I am Goh, from Malaysia. Currently learning ASLSK2 (add in GUNS usage) & start reading up ASL full rules on chapter A. I wish to start playing ASL by this year. I would like to play via PBeM to anyone since this method can solve the location & time problem facing by both players. Hope to play games with you all asap. XD

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello all the veteren players of ASL,
I am Goh, from Malaysia. Currently learning ASLSK2 (add in GUNS usage) & start reading up ASL full rules on chapter A. I wish to start playing ASL by this year. I would like to play via PBeM to anyone since this method can solve the location & time problem facing by both players. Hope to play games with you all asap. XD
Welcome onboard!! Why just PBeM, why not live VASL (+Discord for voice)?

There are plenty of players in and around your time zone.

Plus also - don't think you need to read the whole ASL rulebook before you can play. Personally I have never done a single module of ASLSK and I started playing after reading 1/3 of Chapter A. Play first - and then read - you will find yourself up the curve a LOT faster that way!

There are two tournaments around Asia this year, Chengdu in April and Singapore in July. We'd be delighted if you'll hop by either or both to know the players.

Reactions: Goh

Goh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llMalaysia
Welcome onboard!! Why just PBeM, why not live VASL (+Discord for voice)?

There are plenty of players in and around your time zone.

Plus also - don't think you need to read the whole ASL rulebook before you can play. Personally I have never done a single module of ASLSK and I started playing after reading 1/3 of Chapter A. Play first - and then read - you will find yourself up the curve a LOT faster that way!

There are two tournaments around Asia this year, Chengdu in April and Singapore in July. We'd be delighted if you'll hop by either or both to know the players.
Hi Tank,
Thank you for your warm welcome. We had met before in Taiwan ASL group and talked to each other once in discord, and I love reading your blog! Very helpful for ASL newbie!
Why not FTF, vasl online you asked? All because of time factor. I am all tied up with my job and family. If I am retired from my job one day, I will love to play FTF or from the vasl.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Tank,
Thank you for your warm welcome. We had met before in Taiwan ASL group and talked to each other once in discord, and I love reading your blog! Very helpful for ASL newbie!
Why not FTF, vasl online you asked? All because of time factor. I am all tied up with my job and family. If I am retired from my job one day, I will love to play FTF or from the vasl.
Oh heck, there we go. Appreciate the kind comments. PBeM is fine too .. personally I run about 10 concurrent PBeMs apart from my regular game. Seeing your comments I think I really should spend more time with the truly important things in life : family & work ...

But PLAY first (not read)

Symphonic5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, Goh! Glad to see you are still enjoying ASL. I understand your time issues. I have the same ones. I’m looking forward to mastering the game (rules) when I can. I enjoy diving deep!