Which rule do you want to change?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think adding some extra mods to the Gun Duel mechanism is too much extra chrome - even if it might be somewhat beneficial.

von Marwitz
I would agree with this if it happened more often. It is fairly rare. Even with this modification, it would only be a little more common. YMMV...
Steve

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vehicles in motion can't Prep Fire

This I would change...…..

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My "Stop attempt" takes care of most of this...
Steve
If I understand this application this means a vehicle can't be in motion during Prep to fire since the stop attempt occurs in the previous D-Fire phase....

What I was actually looking for was allowing vehicles to shoot in all friendly fire phases motion/stopped

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Rules about exiting from INSIDE depressions... There are a big difference if moving to/from crest status or to/from INSIDE, and moving to/from INSIDE is better in game terms when refering to the possible fire received.. Lots of magic here.. IMHO easiest way to resolve is forcé to move up the depression first receiving any fire in the hex before to move to a new hex.. It´s a better simulation of movements from Stream.. Moving form crest would be treated as moving from entrenchment per Pleva proposed change.. so move from crest will be safer than move from INSIDE, just the opposite of actual ruling of those movements..

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The guy shooting at you see you in crest status and are ready for you to stand up - whereas when you pop up from IN the crest you surprise them. :):):)

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Well.. if you have LOS to INSIDE the stream the rules are not different... :eek::eek::eek:

Happy new year Klas!! ... I hope a lot of good red wine to drink and enjoy with your friends..

Last edited:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Here's one that I thought of - kind of a grudge rule, but this is the grudge rule thread after all.

I'd make it that setting up a vehicle in terrain that requires a Bog check to enter, would also require a Bog check to be made - either secretly, or openly at game start.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Acceptable Rules in The Bates House

Gor-Gor’s OBA Draw Rule – Every time a red chit/card (including the first one) is taken from the draw pile, return it to the pile along with another red chit/card. Battery access is never lost for the duration of a scenario due to drawing two red chits/cards per C1.21, instead the probability of maintaining access becomes increasingly difficult. Extra card draw mechanics remain the same.
Artillery Forward Observer Teams – Add a 2-2-x crew for every radio and field phone in the force OB and substitute a leader one step lower in quality than the poorest leader in the OB (or the second poorest if the poorest is a 6+1) for each crew added. These crews are artillery spotting teams and may act as OBA Observers, operating a radio or field phone per C1.2. No other MMC, including other crews, in the OB are permitted to do so. Conversely, crews designated as spotting teams may not possess a SW or Gun, nor may they become Inherent crews. Crews designated as spotting teams and in possession of a radio that set up onboard may use HIP as if they were manning a field phone. An artillery spotting team may only transfer possession of its radio to a friendly leader. Should a radio or field phone in possession of an artillery spotting team be eliminated during the course of play, the crew is immediately recalled. If the artillery spotting team is eliminated the radio may be eliminated according to A9.74. If the radio is not eliminated, any MMC or SMC may recover it, but only a possessing leader may make a radio contact DR. No Unarmed unit may be re-armed as an artillery spotting team.
Unit Composition Fog of War – Secretly record the identities of all SMC stacked with any MMC and do not place these SMC on board until they perform an action or are no longer stacked with any MMC. Likewise, record the identities of all SW possessed by an MMC (and possessed by any SMC stacked with it) and do not place these SW on board until they are used or until they are dropped/transferred to another SMC/MMC [These SMC and SW may be set to HIP in VASL]. If a SW is transferred to/from an MMC from/to an SMC stacked with that MMC, both the SMC and that SW are placed on board. Refer to the Concealment Gain/loss Table to determine if concealment may be lost by such transfer. A dropped SW is immediately placed on board unconcealed.
Late War USMC Fire Teams – Per G17.11, 7-6-8 squads self deploy into three 2-4-8 half squads. However, should a 7-6-8 squad suffer a CR result, it is exchanged for a 3-4-8 half squad. Either two 3-4-8 or three 2-4-8 half squads may recombine into a 7-6-8 squad, but half squad types may not be mixed in order to recombine. See also Chapter W, footnote 16.
British 3-inch Mortar – The OML 3-inch Mortar (British Ordnance Note 2) is of 81mm, not 76mm, caliber and therefore the 16FP column of the IFT applies [See Chapter W, UN Ordnance Note 16]. However, until July 1941, British battalion mortar OBA HE concentration still uses the 12FP column to reflect the fact that the battalion mortar platoon possessed only two tubes until the size of its battery was increased to six in the revised War Establishment Tables of that June.
Gor-Gor’s Stop Attempt – Works like a Motion attempt except in reverse [EXC: No free VCA facing change]. The now stopped vehicle must pay appropriate case C modifiers for any shot(s) taken in that player turn. MG/IFE FP is also halved for moving for any shot(s) taken in the same player turn. The stopped vehicle is no longer considered a moving target.
Sikh Troops – Whenever ≥ one unbroken British Elite or First Line Infantry unit identified as Sikh is the ATTACKER in CC/Melee or Ambushes the enemy in CC, that CC/Melee may become Hand-To-Hand (J2.31) at the option of the Sikh player unless every such Sikh unit participating in it was Ambushed in that phase and/or is withdrawing/pinned. However, Hand-To-Hand CC can never be used by/vs any vehicle/PRC/pillbox-occupant(s). Each Sikh Hand-To-Hand CC attack receives an extra -1 DRM unless every Sikh Infantry unit participating in that attack is pinned/Unarmed.
SU-57 (a) – The MA of Russian Vehicle note 37 is a 57L weapon.

Last edited:

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's one that I thought of - kind of a grudge rule, but this is the grudge rule thread after all.

I'd make it that setting up a vehicle in terrain that requires a Bog check to enter, would also require a Bog check to be made - either secretly, or openly at game start.
I'd be very into this as an SSR, representing hastily-prepared defensive positions.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Acceptable Rules in The Bates House

Late War USMC Fire Teams – Per G17.11, 7-6-8 squads self deploy into three 2-4-8 half squads. However, should a 7-6-8 squad suffer a CR result, it is exchanged for a 3-4-8 half squad. Either two 3-4-8 or three 2-4-8 half squads may recombine into a 7-6-8 squad, but half squad types may not be mixed in order to recombine.
The Bates House needs a rule change...this should be FW Footnote 16 is in effect.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
The Bates House needs a rule change...this should be FW Footnote 16 is in effect.
I was very pleased to see that footnote (amended to call attention to its presence). This compilation began several years ago, before FW publication. Is it fair to say that the house rule above is a bit simpler to manage than the footnote?