What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
So in the last few days LFT#14, FrF#12, RP#15 and Death to Fascism all showed up.

Corregidor will have to wait until it reaches European sellers.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just received: the British OoB from Broken Ground Design, for me, and a Berserkers countersheet for a friend.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I can't believe you did put the name of Rocco Siffredi to an Italian hero ......
my God ....
I might think that we are lucky it has been drawn with the underpants on ..... at least ...
Well, you had Cicciolina in parliament a couple of years ago, no?
Make love, not war!

von Marwitz

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Yes, we had Cicciolina, some 20 years ago, and when I was in France (I was living in Paris back then) it was not a surprise to be mocked on that. But for what concern Rocco Siffredi I didn't think was so famous, or at least not outside of his customer base :)
As I said, I was surprised to see R.Siffredi name, not offended.
Maybe we will have a Captain Baguette or Sgt. J. Clouseau for next French counters; or maybe a Colonel Kraut for the German ones. I don't care. ASL is a hobby for me, a game that allow me to spend time with nice people (most of the cases).
I am fine.

On the other hand, I cannot see smiling faces in von Marwitz comment, so I have to think he was serious and not funny. I suggest he should think about his politicians, considering that the 2nd most important one from WWII, in late 90s was involved in a criminal investigation (I was smiling at that time thinking about my german friends making comments on "Mani Pulite" in early 90s) and condemned. Cicciolina is the least funny thing that happened in politics, not only in Italy but in several other (supposed) developed countries.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Maybe we will have a Captain Baguette or Sgt. J. Clouseau for next French counters; or maybe a Colonel Kraut for the German ones. I don't care. ASL is a hobby for me, a game that allow me to spend time with nice people (most of the cases).
I am fine.
I think the Germans have a Colonel Klutz somewhere. But worse, they don't have an Oberst von Marwitz.

On the other hand, I cannot see smiling faces in von Marwitz comment, so I have to think he was serious and not funny.
1547637417662.png
As you see, von Marwitz was smiling... He only uses these newish pictograms now and then.

I suggest he should think about his politicians, considering that the 2nd most important one from WWII, in late 90s was involved in a criminal investigation (I was smiling at that time thinking about my german friends making comments on "Mani Pulite" in early 90s) and condemned. Cicciolina is the least funny thing that happened in politics, not only in Italy but in several other (supposed) developed countries.
The 2nd most important one past WW2 would probably be Helmut Kohl. He was involved in a political party donation scandal and indeed his behavior was undignified in this context and a blemish on his other achievements. Can't remember if he was condemned but I do remember that he stubbornly refused to talk, claiming to have to "heed his promise".

Yet with regard to corruption and ineptitude, compared to Italian politicians as a whole, I reckon it can be safely said that we still live in some sort of paradise in Germany today. We might be gaining, however. Cicciolina has done much less damage in Italian politics than many others.

Well, but back to ASL.

It seems, that Corregidor will soon reach LFT in Europe and thus trigger the shipment of a compound order of stuff there to my place. Looking forward to it.

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It seems, that Corregidor will soon reach LFT in Europe and thus trigger the shipment of a compound order of stuff there to my place. Looking forward to it.
Xavier posted to the French forum yesterday - the Corregidor shipment reached France. Just a matter of time from now on.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
LFT said they will ship my Corregidor by the end of the week.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
My first order has gone missing and Sam has shipped a second consignment out to me. The first left London on the 4th and the tracking stopped then as well!!! not Sams fault, and first class service as always

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Finally got my hands on FW. Got for a reasonable price from Milsims here in Melbourne. Looking forward to have a crack at it

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Closing the loop on my purchase of all the new Official Core modules -bought Yanks2 today before it is gone and on e-bay for $300.+

Next purchase (next month) will be FW

and with the imminent (2019) release of HL & CdG that will about complete my last and final official ASL system.

After I have these items I will be offering, for free to any NEWBIE, all of my old counters and hard bound boards -they will have to pay shipping though.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Closing the loop on my purchase of all the new Official Core modules -bought Yanks2 today before it is gone and on e-bay for $300.+

Next purchase (next month) will be FW

and with the imminent (2019) release of HL & CdG that will about complete my last and final official ASL system.

After I have these items I will be offering, for free to any NEWBIE, all of my old counters and hard bound boards -they will have to pay shipping though.
Similar situation as you. Trying to round out the cores and replace with new I have original BV, P, Y, WoA, CdG, CoB, GH. Last year purchased new HP, DB, AoO, Y2 and FW. Just got new BV3 last week. Only need HL to have all the nationalities. FKaC on pre-order.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
As I said, I was surprised to see R.Siffredi name, not offended.
I am fine.
In France, Rocco Siffredi is sort of a pop culture celebrity, a kind of Italian Chuck Norris. It appeared clear to us that he was a good candidate as a silly Italian hero. ;-)

I would personally campaign for a Sergent Camembert in the next counter batch !