Advancing Fire Team - Brevity Assault

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No beach at all, unless one is SSR'd. It is ordinary level zero terrain next to a level -1 water obstacle, like a river edge. Unless they want to introduce G13 into the game. Depending on the anticipated play of the game it may be unnecessary to define the details of the beach.

JR
I'm sure a HASL would clearly define terrain such as ocean, beach, dance etc. ... Like every other one has.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The CA is typically not clipped by old pros.
I wouldn't know that (I clip all corners), but in the picture there were two rounded corners and two square - on adjacent corners, even - so as a CA reminder it wouldn't even work.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly

There were two German companies that moved on sidecars during Operation Brevity, the third of the 15. Kradschuetzen Battaillon and the one inherent to the 33. Aufklärungs Abteilung, both belonging to 15. Panzer Division. Here you can see the operational counters while they are in Moving mode.

Last edited:

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly

The two squadrons (A and C) of the 4 RTR are depicted by four counters, each represents 6 x Matilda II (two troops), 1 x Vickers VIB light tank and 1 x 8-1 AL

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
The counter images do not look like ASL...so it is confusing as to what you are working on.
I thought I explained that "Brevity Assault" is a game with an operational part and an ASL part........ maybe not here?

BREVITY ASSAULT contains an Operational Level that permits to play a larger scale battle than the most diffuse campaign games available for ASL. Basically what you get is a game at company/platoon level where you solve the combat not with simple dice rolls but with ASL scenarios. BREVITY ASSAULT depicts the hard fought battles that occurred in mid May, 1941 on the border between Lybia and Egypt during the so called "Operation Brevity".

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought I explained that "Brevity Assault" is a game with an operational part and an ASL part........ maybe not here?

BREVITY ASSAULT contains an Operational Level that permits to play a larger scale battle than the most diffuse campaign games available for ASL. Basically what you get is a game at company/platoon level where you solve the combat not with simple dice rolls but with ASL scenarios. BREVITY ASSAULT depicts the hard fought battles that occurred in mid May, 1941 on the border between Lybia and Egypt during the so called "Operation Brevity".
So the counter art presented represent operational level formations? Interesting...I look forward to the end product.

BTW, when someone enters the thread they may not have read all previous posts in detail. When you update progress it might be worth a quick note that counters are "operational level". That would be a clue to the reader that maybe they need to read upstream some.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania

<shrug> I suppose so.

It is not abundantly clear without the trudge through 5 pages of posts that very often start up mid-thought as as continuations of conversations that do not directly mention ASL?

Seems to me the link to the original ASL context has been buried very deep in the early stages of a long thread?

Not quite sure how one would bring that context back into the discussion.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
<shrug> I suppose so.

It is not abundantly clear without the trudge through 5 pages of posts that very often start up mid-thought as as continuations of conversations that do not directly mention ASL?

Seems to me the link to the original ASL context has been buried very deep in the early stages of a long thread?

Not quite sure how one would bring that context back into the discussion.
I was thinking that since im talking of an HASL product, everything is contextual and ASL-related. In this page for example I clarified how is composed in ASL terms a Matilda unit in the game. I'm trying to give some discussion points about a new way of playing ASL. I admit that not many people are following me but i really wouldn't have ever thought to be off the ASL topic.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I was thinking that since im talking of an HASL product, everything is contextual and ASL-related. In this page for example I clarified how is composed in ASL terms a Matilda unit in the game. I'm trying to give some discussion points about a new way of playing ASL. I admit that not many people are following me but i really wouldn't have ever thought to be off the ASL topic.
Not off topic really...more an issue of clarity of presentation?

It is just somewhat difficult to extract the on-topic ASL content from the surrounding content without more effort than many seem to want to put into it. I am motivated by self interest as I don't want to deal with people complaining about what they (mistakenly) see as an off-topic thread.

If it was really off-topic I would have moved it.