Any interest in "print your own" turret counters?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's the lot. To recap: I've used Windows Photo Viewer to print these on to 8.5 x 11 inch self-stick labels at 94% zoom to get 1/2 inch counters. Using a rotary cutting tool I trim along the top edge of the counters, divide the remainder along the CE/BU divide, trim the left edge of the CE portion and the right edge of the BU portion. This lets me stick the CE part onto the chip board and trim the chip board along the top and left edges (if necessary). Then careful positioning of the BU portion along the back of the chip board along the now top and right edges usually gets a pretty close alignment of the cut marks between the CE and BU sides. I usually do all my cutting out of the counters from the CE side for consistency and then using the corner punch to round the corners usually also removes any remaining visible cut marks.

Your mileage may vary, offer void where prohibited, no warranty express or implied, but I hope you find 'em useful. And let me know of any errors or errata, hopefully before you print them and spend all that time cutting them out.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the feedback, Having done all the counters already, I'm not sure that I want to undertake that revision right now, but I'll put it on the list.
something perhaps to consider if you move past downloads and someone expresses an interest in printing them up. As some have noted, those with a real interest in having these may in many cases already have them (in part at least for the major AFV combatants) and the work required to transfer from a download to a counter (x a great many turrets) is simply just too much.

But an improved version? Less glitzy artwork but cleaner and easier to read, thus more functional? I'd ditch the Countersmith counters in a heartbeat and pay to have better ones.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
something perhaps to consider if you move past downloads and someone expresses an interest in printing them up. As some have noted, those with a real interest in having these may in many cases already have them (in part at least for the major AFV combatants) and the work required to transfer from a download to a counter (x a great many turrets) is simply just too much.

But an improved version? Less glitzy artwork but cleaner and easier to read, thus more functional? I'd ditch the Countersmith counters in a heartbeat and pay to have better ones.
Maybe it could be an idea to gang up with Broken Ground Design?

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And we have our first correction (adding omitted counters). I ran out of room on the 2 Russian sheets for the "KV-1 M41" turrets. To avoid printing a whole sheet for just 6 counters, I have added them to the bottom of the Allied/Chinese counter sheet (now version 2).

Attachments

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My wife got a cricut automated cutter for christmas and these look really easy to print and cut!

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey, I think these are a great addition and plan to use them, but on a thinner cardstock, rather than a thick counter. I noticed you have not posted any Italian turrets that would complete the set. Do you have those?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, I think these are a great addition and plan to use them, but on a thinner cardstock, rather than a thick counter. I noticed you have not posted any Italian turrets that would complete the set. Do you have those?
Finns and Italians share a sheet.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Okay, thanks very much for pointing that out. Couldn't see that very well on this small tablet...but I will blame it on the close colours of both the Finns and Italians! Great work on this Gordon and it is very much appreciated.

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Although I already own the Countersmith Workshop versions, I like this design quite a lot.

BTW has anybody thought of doing hull counters in the same style? These could replace the existing AFV counters, but use adapted information (analogous to the turret counter - i.e. AF, BMG only etc.). It would even allow to have different turrets for the same chassis. Hull + turret = Bob's your uncle.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BTW has anybody thought of doing hull counters in the same style? These could replace the existing AFV counters, but use adapted information (analogous to the turret counter - i.e. AF, BMG only etc.). It would even allow to have different turrets for the same chassis. Hull + turret = Bob's your uncle.
If anyone considered this idea, that would explain why it has not been implemented.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Red Factories-specific turreted vehicles (obviously a sparse sheet). I believe the T-34s are accounted for in previous sheets.

Attachments