Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Finished clipping all Russian 1/2" counters and Guns.

Russian vehicles are up next.

von Marwitz
Keep going you’ll get there in the end I still have around 25 BG 5/8” countersheets to go for my travel kit!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yesterday I caved in and ordered Red Factories......

Designing for Death To Fascism 2020 on the RB map made me re-live my many hours of great gaming on that map....and then some freak posted the Box Cover art.....and then I lost my self-control completely.

Chris and I start playtesting our RB scenario tomorrow.....incredibly excited about it.....I think we can make it work and make it worth your while.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

Designing for Death To Fascism 2020 on the RB map made me re-live my many hours of great gaming on that map....and then some freak posted the Box Cover art.....and then I lost my self-control completely.

Chris and I start playtesting our RB scenario tomorrow.....incredibly excited about it.....I think we can make it work and make it worth your while.
What part of the RB map is it on?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

HA! HA! Sucker! :) :) :)

I do mean that jokingly. Even though I have never played a RB CG this (RO) was a must buy for me when it first hit pre-order.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

There ya go... blaming others for your "weaknesses"... as if you had any self-control when something new and shiny and ASL on it comes along... we're on to you, bro. ;)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wish I "caved in" 'cause that implies a period of resistance before the catastrophic failure. I never had a period of resistance when there's some semblance of rational deliberation.

Perhaps this should be my resolution for 2019.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Big ASL day today....

my brand new Beyond Valor box arrived in the mail.....ready to be converted to Doug Sheppard super counterset in 2019.

Chris and I finished the first playtest of our RB DTF scenario. What a blast.

Highlights:

1) Chris fires crappy shot at a 2-4-7 stacked with a broken 5-4-8 in one of the VC hexes....the 5-4-8 HOBs and becomes an unbroken Fanatic......only to be hit by a Critical Hit from his 45L AT gun while inside a Fortified Location thereafter.....resulting in a 4 MC.....which he of course failed

2) Berserk 5-2-7 runs through a 6 Factor minefield (two attacks) and a 8-2 shot without a scratch, enters Location with my 5-4-8..... Seconds later, his 8-0 friend runs up with a DC and places it. Effects DR is a Snake Eyes, failed to rubble the building, KIAs my squad instantly....leaving the Berserker without anything to fight.

3) Chris fires a 2 flat shot against a big stack of 8-0, 5-4-8 & LMG, broken 2-3-8 and broken 4-3-6 in a gully. Rolls a 6, PTC for the two unbroken guys. One of them rolls a 12, triggering Booby Traps. Random selection: 3, 3, 3, 3.

Leader wounds, all 3 other MMC Casualty Reduced.

You gotta love Red Barricades, even if you are on the receiving end of its brutality.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I organized all my Dispatches from the Bunker scenarios .. good for playing them all in turn .. wahaha

Jack:

How hard are they to organize? They're numbered DB001, DB002, DB003, etc.!! :p :p

(Sorry, Jack, just to hard to resist)

Mark

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jack:

How hard are they to organize? They're numbered DB001, DB002, DB003, etc.!! :p:p

(Sorry, Jack, just to hard to resist)

Mark
Ah .. there's a backstory to it. You know how DFTB scenarios are destinated to individual "Series"? Early days I got them organised by series, which made them impossible to locate. Now I have them by their scenario numbers (finally).

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Ah .. there's a backstory to it. You know how DFTB scenarios are destinated to individual "Series"? Early days I got them organised by series, which made them impossible to locate. Now I have them by their scenario numbers (finally).

In my "Dispatches From The Bunker" folder, I actually have them both ways. I have them all numbered and have a Series sub-folder where I have a second copy of each.

Have a great New Year and a wonderful 2019 Jack!!!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In my "Dispatches From The Bunker" folder, I actually have them both ways. I have them all numbered and have a Series sub-folder where I have a second copy of each.

Have a great New Year and a wonderful 2019 Jack!!!
Nice!! Yeah Mark, have a great 2019 and all the best to you and yours!!!!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finished clipping the US OoB just now. Before that, the Russian vehicles and thus the Russian OoB has been completed.

So now, the system counters, the Germans, Finnish, Russians, and US are done. That's 6 RAACO Assorters in 1.5 Handy Cases.

Half-way done overall.

Having started in October, if I keep it up like this, I'll be over with it before Easter.

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Today I was first in line at the closing sale of the last wargame store in HK.

They were selling big box games for $13, medium for $6.5 and small packs for $3.

Boy, once everyone rushed into the warehouse there was hardly room to turn. I had a look at their remaining inventory online and was looking for C3i 18 (Dragon’s Jaw), GMT Ran and perhaps Compass Games’ Warstorm series.

I unfortunately or fortunately, I can’t find any wargames. They were all pretty board games (Catan, Star Wars). There were folks who dragged in huge bags and started stuffing them the second they made it through the door.

I am glad to report that no ASL games had to suffer such undignified ends. As a matter of fact I didnt see any wargames, no MMP, no GMT, no Compass Games.

Perhaps they such have stocked more wargames?

Too bad though as this is the last wargame store in HK (serving China & Taiwan as well). (I think they will continue to sell whatever’s left on one of China’s e-commerce platforms).

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Playing my last game of the year today against Dave Blackwood, not a clue what we are playing but it will be something from PiF which he won for second place at the last ASL tourney of the year here in the UK