CH Errata

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think ch is on version 8 of most of their garbage.

CH...

You pays your money and ya takes your chances...

At least you can count on at least a version 3...of course you get to pay for each version while CH tries to get it right.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Unless of course the error on the card is just a few weeks old, in which case RT quickly prints up replacement cards and mails them out gratis to the early purchasers. If you don't play the scenario in question until a year old, the data just goes into a file for the next printing.
Over the last year I've received 4 scenario card replacements and one new map panel gratis, because I carefully examined the components, orders of battle layouts, and SSR's before play.
Rule of thumb. Read everything as soon as you receive it.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Unless of course the error on the card is just a few weeks old, in which case RT quickly prints up replacement cards and mails them out gratis to the early purchasers. If you don't play the scenario in question until a year old, the data just goes into a file for the next printing.
Over the last year I've received 4 scenario card replacements and one new map panel gratis, because I carefully examined the components, orders of battle layouts, and SSR's before play.
I think that’s call paying them to play test! By now everyone knows what they are getting from CH so all the outrage is keyboard raging

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This pretty much documents what many accuse CH of doing:
Have customers pay for doing the playtesting and proofreading themselves.

That's why I pass.

Edit: Xenovin beat me to it.

von Marwitz

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Nothing new here folks
Jim Dunnigan famously said that every issue of S&T got 20,000 play tests within a month of release.
We should see more problems cropping up as CH begins publishing the same scenarios written for ASL, ATS, and BRL1192 on the classic boards 1-90 early next year. Different icons for different systems, different SSR's for different rule books.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nothing new here folks
Jim Dunnigan famously said that every issue of S&T got 20,000 play tests within a month of release.
We should see more problems cropping up as CH begins publishing the same scenarios written for ASL, ATS, and BRL1192 on the classic boards 1-90 early next year. Different icons for different systems, different SSR's for different rule books.
Nothing new but an unacceptable exchange for my money. I don't deliver work of such quality to my clients, I don't expect work of such quality as a client.

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SSR 4 seems fine. Balance seems it may be a huge problem, if the French AFVs enter on turn two and can exit on the same turn for win, they only need face German DFF fire for a few MP's each ( on the map, stop reverse, off the map, do it twice without losses and win.). Let me guess. The scenario lasts 2 game turns, right? You can rank this one up with "Jabo!".

;)
somehow I made 3 turns

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But Stonne 1940 and this scen card are over 20 years old now as a product, certainly nothing new in here at all, regardless of its 5th reprinting.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing new here folks
Even so,
Nothing new here folks
Critical Hit ain't SPI...

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing new here folks
You still have a "hex of Death" in ATS for the Stonne map, in any of its printings.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even so,

Critical Hit ain't SPI...
and PGG is still broken as a design, 100% ability to factor out the probabilities on Russian unrevealed units. Why tournaments even now who include PGG in any of its printings with a "VP bid" adjustment for sides, to balance the classic Dunnigan design.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You still have a "hex of Death" in ATS for the Stonne map, in any of its printings.
Yeah, I ran into that one playing Critical Hit's Stonne… whatta bust... it completely destroyed the experience for me...
Years later, playing CH's Tarawa (another BIG pile of garbage), the CH "experience" was the same...
All flashy promises of great gaming to be had...
Only to end in another ultimate Critical Hit-Buzzkill....
Critical Hit's Tarawa really was an ultimate buzzkill..
Like being at a party, going to the punchbowl, pouring yourself some punch...
Sipping it...
And then seeing turds in the punchbowl...
That sums up my Critical Hit ASL experience...
Instead of "Critical Hit", the name should be "Buzz-Kill"...
(as in, destroying enjoyment)

Just my opinion

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I feel your pain dude, a couple of years back I purchased my last CH product, Hue, what a hot steaming load of crap that was. Awesome looking map but no substance what so ever. Thankfully I am not a completist, collector or a hoarder so I can let many products just slide by without a glance.

Scott

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I feel your pain dude, a couple of years back I purchased my last CH product, Hue, what a hot steaming load of crap that was. Awesome looking map but no substance what so ever. Thankfully I am not a completist, collector or a hoarder so I can let many products just slide by without a glance.

Scott
Which scenarios of Hue did you have a problem with?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
and PGG is still broken as a design, 100% ability to factor out the probabilities on Russian unrevealed units. Why tournaments even now who include PGG in any of its printings with a "VP bid" adjustment for sides, to balance the classic Dunnigan design.[/Q

Exactly. The only balanced games are those that end in deadlock. Sometimes its fun to see just how far you can go with one side or another. And of course you switch sides (twice ... 4 games played) to get the feel of a scenario. The first 2 plays you are shadow boxing against you opponent, the last 2 you have a good feel for what works and what doesn't in any given scenario.