Broken Ground Design: Pre-order pricing closes Jan. 31st

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just go ahead and put me down for 2 of everything...

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
UPDATED: 22/12/2018

Now that my bevy of proof-readers has essentially ballooned from 5 to >100, some previously missed errors will be caught.

This will be a developing list. I hope it will be mercifully short.
+++++++++++++++++

1. British (UK5): has 4x 9-1 named leaders, but 0x 9-2; it should have 2x 9-1 & 2x 9-2.
2. Italian (IT4): 2-3-8[E] AE HS ID:A, B, C should not have a 2 inside the white circle. The HS ID:T is correct.
3. American (US4): BAZ45 is missing WP6.
4. SS (SS7): missing 51mm MTR(b) counters.
5. American (US4): missing dmINF T32.
6. German (GE6): K15/16 ART ID:F has sFH18 ART on the reverse.
7. Russian (RU5): 5-2-8 (Fanatic) squads ID:K-O should have Broken Morale of 8, not 9.
8. German (GE4): PSW M3A1(a) ID:F should be PSW M8(a). The reverse is correct.

+++++++++++++++++
I don't have the immediate ability to issue corrections, but I do have records for those affected, and when I determine a solution I will make good on the deficiency.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"The French OOB is out of print. "
Understandable considering how great they look in ASL action.
Now I also want Ghurkas.
Any thoughts on Merrill's Marauders (5037 Composite Unit)? Should they be an 8 ML?
Same argument could also be made for US Rangers.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Any thoughts on Merrill's Marauders (5037 Composite Unit)? Should they be an 8 ML?
One could make a good case that they should be 6 ML. Although they were very good men who accomplished some pretty amazing things, they were not supposed to be shock troops. They were supposed to be raiders: hit the enemy where they ain't and fade away before they recovered. In addition they were not especially good as regular infantry because they didn't have the heavy weapons for such a role. The unit is one that I would probably consider changing the ML depending on the situation. They might have 7 ML at Myitkyina because they were expected to fight as infantry while giving them 6 ML when on the trail.

JR

csiemers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UPDATED: 22/12/2018

Now that my bevy of proof-readers has essentially ballooned from 5 to >100, some previously missed errors will be caught.

This will be a developing list. I hope it will be mercifully short.
+++++++++++++++++

1. British (UK5): has 4x 9-1 named leaders, but 0x 9-2; it should have 2x 9-1 & 2x 9-2.
2. Italian (IT4): 2-3-8[E] AE HS ID:A, B, C should not have a 2 inside the white circle. The HS ID:T is correct.
3. American (US4): BAZ45 is missing WP6.
4. SS (SS7): missing 51mm MTR(b) counters.
5. American (US4): missing dmINF T32.
6. German (GE6): K15/16 ART ID:F has sFH18 ART on the reverse.
7. Russian (RU5): 5-2-8 (Fanatic) squads ID:K-O should have Broken Morale of 8, not 9.
8. German (GE4): PSW M3A1(a) ID:F should be PSW M8(a). The reverse is correct.

+++++++++++++++++
I don't have the immediate ability to issue corrections, but I do have records for those affected, and when I determine a solution I will make good on the deficiency.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
On the Partisans counter sheets, the 2-3-7 and 2-3-8 half squads have the squad type to be the number 4. Shouldn't those be 1s?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jrv: Yes, and they were worn out as well.
Yup, my uncle said he was running a temp of 103 for several days and fell asleep for a while during the fight when he stopped to take cover. Only when a passing guy shook him awake to inquire if he had been hit did he return to the fight. My dad and he used to zing on each other after a few beers (as brothers are apt to do) about who had a rougher time Burma or New Guinea/Philippines. My uncle always brought up the fact they were so accustomed to hardships that they took naps during a fight. :D

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On the Partisans counter sheets, the 2-3-7 and 2-3-8 half squads have the squad type to be the number 4. Shouldn't those be 1s?
It took me a bit to see what you were seeing.

For the HS in question, the Class is 1, but the gun barrel of one of the figures overlaps with the 1. At first glance on a counter, it does indeed look like a 4, but there is no such thing as a 4th Line unit.

237.png

Reactions: PTY