Hello from South Korea

Varn

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy, new here. Awaiting arrival of Beyond Valor and the rules. Normally, I like to hang out at the operational level but after spending years reading about how much fun ASL is, I finally decided to pull the trigger and jump in. I'm also slowly tiring of pushing divisions and BDEs around and think a good squad level game would be fun to have.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Howdy, new here. Awaiting arrival of Beyond Valor and the rules. Normally, I like to hang out at the operational level but after spending years reading about how much fun ASL is, I finally decided to pull the trigger and jump in. I'm also slowly tiring of pushing divisions and BDEs around and think a good squad level game would be fun to have.
Welcome!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Part of what makes ASL different (and better, IMHO) than operational level games is that there is a great deal of interactivity between the players during the turn. Many operational games follow the U-go-I-go design pattern, and as the game gets larger one player does a lot of work while the other player does a lot of watching. If you can find a face-to-face opponent that's the best, but there are a lot of other players in your timezone area (Japan, China, Philippines), so you should be able to find vasl opponents too. Don't be afraid to jump in against a more-experienced player. You will learn a lot faster and better by playing up.

JR