Are you sick of Korea already?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I’ve played two of the CVPA scenarios so far and they are interested to play. You just have to pass you own PMC as you get blasted to pieces closing for h-t-h. The impulse movement is not as bad as it looks as there are many outs in the rules for not using it.

The chinese dudes have way too many fiddly rules then the japs. Plus the japs are only 4 pages of rules. But the Japs are very straight forward to play, not as complicated as the chinese.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just jump in and play with the ChiComs. Like anything else, it might not be perfect the first time, but that’s how you learn.

If Sherry Enterprises hates Korea, why is there a pack devoted to it, with hopefully another in the works?

The KWASL module is some of the best and most interesting ASL I’ve played in a long time.

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just jump in and play with the ChiComs. Like anything else, it might not be perfect the first time, but that’s how you learn.

If Sherry Enterprises hates Korea, why is there a pack devoted to it, with hopefully another in the works?

The KWASL module is some of the best and most interesting ASL I’ve played in a long time.
What makes you think Sherry Enterprises hates Korea? I enjoyed playing it and playtested 10 scenarios for it. We do not "hate" the Korean War topic. If we did you certainly would not see a full issue of Rally Point dedicated to it. Now Deluxe, that's another story.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I havent been able to play most of them as the VASL extention hasn't come out. All I can do is watch reruns of MASH
One of the Best "MASH" movies I've seen is "Battle Circus" with Humphrey Bogart, my only complaint on it is the use of an F-86 instead of a Mig-15 to attack the MASH unit.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the Best "MASH" movies I've seen is "Battle Circus" with Humphrey Bogart, my only complaint on it is the use of an F-86 instead of a Mig-15 to attack the MASH unit.
<Ahem>, in 1953 when the movie was released* (never mind filmed), no "Red" had defected with a MIG-15 to date...so where exactly was "Hollywood" to get such a platform? And to be fair a F-86, swept wing and all, is a fair stand in...

The MIG-15 did not come over until after the movie's release and was in any case shortly after the armistice...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Moolah

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I have not even taken the stuff out of the box yet. So not sick of it by any means. Korea will not be a priority until a VASL module comes out or when Burnie visits next Spring.

Peace

Roger

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What makes you think Sherry Enterprises hates Korea? I enjoyed playing it and playtested 10 scenarios for it. We do not "hate" the Korean War topic. If we did you certainly would not see a full issue of Rally Point dedicated to it. Now Deluxe, that's another story.
That’s what I was trying to say...

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think sarcasm maybe a lost art, or I may not be very good at it. But I'm sure Star Trek will be a better movie when they get real Klingon ships to use.

Reactions: PTY

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You, and I am sure many other designers will be coming out with their versions of a very limited amount of actions during the KW IE same actions different designers. I guess we will see the standard array of one or two board scenarios, limited turns and limited counter mix basically nothing extraordinary just very standard designs. I cant wait lol.

Do you want more Korean War scenarios, or are you sick of Korea already?

ragngand

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'm not interested in Korea at all, I find the subject to be boring.

I only bought it because it's official stuff and components may see use in other products.

Last edited:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I have played both the official and RP Korean scenarios except those with the Chinese (something I really need to do). I have had fun with both sets of scenarios in seemingly very close games. I read a lot about Korea prior to the module's release and was looking forward to it.

I was born in March of 1950 and years later learned my father who fought in WWII almost rejoined the Air Force that year. I must have been a bad baby!

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't buy the Korea Module. I have a lifetime of original WWII ASL stuff. Plus, the Korean conflict just doesn't interest me.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree with Olli, I put the rules and stuff in my folders but haven't punched any of the counters yet
not really that interested to be honest