Kohima

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Kohima coming out in spring. Don't know if its the same design that's floated from Heat of Battle to Le Franc Tireur since 2007.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That would be indeed interesting to know.
If so, I am somewhat concerned that CH does not hesitate to publish it while HoB und LFT did not. They will have had their reasons while CH in the past has shown no qualms to sell half-finished stuff.

von Marwitz

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
X on Facebook stated he is in a joint venture with HOB on Kohima. My guess this is a separate venture by CH.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I have to wonder. Next years new ASL titles include Kohima, a two volume Leningrad 1941 game, and a 3 volume mega ASL release on Cambrai 1917.

Last edited:

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Between the two, I would only spend money on the LFT product.
When it comes to Intellectual Property rights, I would not believe CH for a burnt match-stick.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
5 of the Six new ASL titles available for pre order last July are now out, so they haven't exactly slowed down. I've commited to the Leningrad pair and Kohima.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So CH is stopping all reprints, variants and endless regurgitations? Or it’s just that you decided not to commit to those either?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
They are doing reprints, redesigns, and dozens of Deluxe size maps, perfect for ASL convention tournaments, as well as completely new designs. And ASL Counter sets ranging from the American Civil War to the 1985 Israeli incursion in Lebanon. No 10 people can afford to buy all this product.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Exactly! For a second I thought you meant CH is finally stopping all that ..say, how many tournament have you seen CH at?

Lemme start : there’s one Texas TT where they PT their own version of the Omaha rules. Wait .. not sure if that counts ...

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have to wonder. Next years new ASL titles include Kohima, a two volume Leningrad 1941 game, and a 3 volume mega ASL release on Cambrai 1917.
Where's the info on these items? Can't find it on the CH site.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
ASLComp, Nov 2018 category, click on all, go down nearly 5/6 the way. First Leningrad starts on the column with the Battle at Best Monster Map listing.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
X on Facebook stated he is in a joint venture with HOB on Kohima. My guess this is a separate venture by CH.
X came on here, GS, and said that Steve D. had not come through with any type of follow through with LFT. Until that happens, LFT is not taking a lead on Kohima. It is bad news as I think this will be an absolutely kick-ass module.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ASLComp, Nov 2018 category, click on all, go down nearly 5/6 the way. First Leningrad starts on the column with the Battle at Best Monster Map listing.
Okay, I saw those some time ago, and then they got lost amongst all the HotHex (???), Monster, and Uber map items. Ray does seem to have gone "all in" in maps.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
X came on here, GS, and said that Steve D. had not come through with any type of follow through with LFT. Until that happens, LFT is not taking a lead on Kohima. It is bad news as I think this will be an absolutely kick-ass module.
LFT is

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Leningrad stuff looks interesting but penal maps and over priced is a major turn off to purchasing CH stuff.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I went back and re-read that post. LFT is moving forward on Kohima but it will be slow going with little activity by Steve D. It is better that this project is dead.

I was in the early playtest of Kohima and am curious of CH's version and how they interpret it.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, I went back and re-read that post. LFT is moving forward on Kohima but it will be slow going with little activity by Steve D. It is better that this project is dead.
I don't understand your "slow going" comment. IMO, Steve's participation (or lack thereof) wouldn't have to affect things.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't understand your "slow going" comment. IMO, Steve's participation (or lack thereof) wouldn't have to affect things.
This is my question to X a bit back:
I thought that there was to be a pass off to LFT for this project [meaning Kohima]?

and this was X's response:
Correct, but we have our own projects and since Steve is in a certain way out of reach, or at least has extremely little time available, we will not resume it on our own. So it may still take some time, although we do have all the material: rules, map, scenarios, and so on.

Best,

X