VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
There's an error in the Board 22 Special Overlays transformation for "White Tigers": There is supposed to be a ford in hex R7. The flooded stream artwork in that hex looks a bit weird, but it doesn't look like a ford (and it's kind of super important).
As a stop-gap solution, you could place a ford which can be found in the Draggable Overlays.

von Marwitz

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
As a stop-gap solution, you could place a ford which can be found in the Draggable Overlays.
Well, yes, obviously, it isn't really a problem once you know that it's supposed to be there. However, if you haven't studied the map closely before transforming it, you may not realise that it was ever supposed to be there.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, yes, obviously, it isn't really a problem once you know that it's supposed to be there. However, if you haven't studied the map closely before transforming it, you may not realise that it was ever supposed to be there.
Agreed.

von Marwitz

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all, thanks for your work.

Would someone please look at the tree-lined street hex 45S7. It seems that, unlike the other similarly tree-lined street hexes of this long boulevard, only this hex generates a hindrance to LOS up and down the boulevard. There doesn’t appear to be any obvious difference in the art work between this and adjacent hexes.

Correct or not?

Sorry that I’m not writing this post where I can confirm the version of the board I’m using. Yet, I regularly check the board versions before starting a new scenario.

Edit: I'm using board 45 V6.1.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tigernaut

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Guys

Marvellous work and can't thankyou enough.

Festung Budapest issue, in that I can't get Ground Snow on the NW Map ? Not checked the others, and hardly an impossible problem to play around. Currently using v6.4.2, but have also just downloaded the beta version of v6.4.3 and the lack of Ground Snow still applies.

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all, thanks for your work.

Would someone please look at the tree-lined street hex 45S7. It seems that, unlike the other similarly tree-lined street hexes of this long boulevard, only this hex generates a hindrance to LOS up and down the boulevard. There doesn’t appear to be any obvious difference in the art work between this and adjacent hexes.

Correct or not?

Sorry that I’m not writing this post where I can confirm the version of the board I’m using. Yet, I regularly check the board versions before starting a new scenario.

Edit: I'm using board 45 V6.1.

Thanks
Thanks for the update. I see the board is now V6’2

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the submission form doesn't seem to be working. I'm elevating my VASL question to a upgrade suggestion. I see in the VASSAL doc that some games have an option for multiple screens.
Can VASL have this capability ((WHY???) Well, I need it for a project. I need to be able to let players move counters from 1 set-up to another. The previous suggestion using the tray feature is a no-go
because my maps are massively modified. See attached example.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course you can't attach vsav files on this site.... or png either oh well, trust me they are modified.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Of course you can't attach vsav files on this site.... or png either oh well, trust me they are modified.
I upload .png all the time. Here's one, probably from vasl:

LOS example.PNG

Is your png too big?

You can upload a .vsav by putting it in a .zip. There is also probably a size limit for .zip.

JR

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the submission form doesn't seem to be working. I'm elevating my VASL question to a upgrade suggestion. I see in the VASSAL doc that some games have an option for multiple screens.
Can VASL have this capability ((WHY???) Well, I need it for a project. I need to be able to let players move counters from 1 set-up to another. The previous suggestion using the tray feature is a no-go
May I add a +1 to this? Transferring units from one screen to another would be very helpful in campaign games especially--where I run into this is when we both do the Refit Phase separately and then need to merge the boards.

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd love this too, but it would have to be done in VASSAL, not VASL. -Sully

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1, My eyes are getting bad, can a magnification be added to the various tables just as on the map?

2, Can another level of zoom in be added to standard magnification (Magnification glass with a ´+´). I know that one cna use other and magnificate whatever you want but reducing clicks is a good thing.

A

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi, and, first of all, many thanks for your work.

Two minor issues:
1.- In the new Overlays extension, the deir overlays are misspelled as "D-DIER".
2.- The Finnish captured tank T-26C(r) is only shown without BMG; but it may have a 2/4 BMG/CMG configuration, as per the Vehicle Listing, and needed to play scenario 173 "Father sunshine".

Thanks again.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Two minor issues:
1.- In the new Overlays extension, the deir overlays are misspelled as "D-DIER".
2.- The Finnish captured tank T-26C(r) is only shown without BMG; but it may have a 2/4 BMG/CMG configuration, as per the Vehicle Listing, and needed to play scenario 173 "Father sunshine".

Thanks again.
Thanks. I’ll get these logged so corrections can be made.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Two minor issues:

Thanks again.
fiT-26c(r)bmg.pngfiT-26c(r).pngfiT-26c(r)B.png

Please let me know of any issues.

On a side note, I only see one bmg version in the HP counter mix. Need two for scenario 173. Not a hard issue to work around and not a problem for VASL of course.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Setting up J178 "Old Friends"

VASL 6.4.3 / VASSAL 3.2.17 / VASLOverlays_v102

bd10 v6.0, bd 59 v6.2

As can be seen in the attachment, the overlays (X19 and O1) are not sitting correctly on bd10. Why would this be the case?

VASL_shot.jpg

I tried adding the overlays the old way and it didn't make any difference.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Can we have the same functionality of the RED CIRCLE highlight button as we do with "center on opponents moves"
Replays have a tendency to bounce back and forth wildly.
Adding that functionality, (you should be able to see the BIG Red circle on the map when it appears anyway) would be a QoL change. The centering can be redundant at times.

AndyinKuwait

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm trying to find a guide to help me put a scanned mapboard into VASL (CH Map). Obviously, I've scanned the map but not sure where to go from here. I read a thread from 2009 (I think) but it didn't really help on getting VASL to read the 'new' map. Can someone point me in the right direction (I have looked at Ye Olde Book - but I'm looking for a shorter, more concise, guide to transferring scans of mapboards to VASL). Thanks in advance.

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just found an error:

Setting up 118 "Downsizing the Uprising". This uses half of four maps in roughly this pattern:
50 42
41 46

Because of the layout, 41 and 42 use different halves of the board....

I found that when I told VASL to crop board 41, board 42 would get cropped, and when I cropped board 42, board 41 would get cropped. So I was able to work around it, but....

(And yes, the boards are in the correct places, I've got a yellow 42 right where it should be.)

[ETA - this is 6.4.3]

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm trying to find a guide to help me put a scanned mapboard into VASL (CH Map). Obviously, I've scanned the map but not sure where to go from here. I read a thread from 2009 (I think) but it didn't really help on getting VASL to read the 'new' map. Can someone point me in the right direction (I have looked at Ye Olde Book - but I'm looking for a shorter, more concise, guide to transferring scans of mapboards to VASL). Thanks in advance.
PM your email and I’ll see if I can help.

Al