New England Volunteers (NEV) Starter Kit Play Pack 1 pre-release announcement

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am pleased to announce a soon to be released Starter Kit scenario pack:
New England Volunteers (NEV) Play Pack #1©

All you will need to play the scenarios is Starter Kit #1. The five scenarios in the pack are designed for play exclusively with ASLSK #1.

NEV1 Taking San-Stefano, American vs. Germans, Sicily 1943

NEV2 Bridgehead over the Venta, Russians vs. Germans, Latvia 1944

NEV3 Battle in the Ardennes, American vs. German, Belgium 1944

NEV4 Hedgehog, Russian vs. German, Russia 1944

NEV5 The Factory “Aprilia”, American vs. German, Italy 1944

The scenarios are in final play-test and formatting and should be available by early 2019,
a formal announcement of availability with purchasing details will be release at that time, please keep an eye out!

Everyone at New England Volunteers (NEV) is excited about Play Pack 1, we feel the pack is a nice mix of actions
and offers something for all levels of play, from beginner to expert.

Thank you!!!
Joe

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
How can there be five scenarios in a scenario pack? What's on the last back side? This side intentionally left blank?

JR

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why does the pack need a back cover? Front Cover with scenario 1 on back side, 2nd page has scenarios 2 and 3, 3rd page has scenarios 4 and 5.

I helped Joe and NEV with this pack and the scenarios are all interesting and fun to play for sure!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It can't be the back of the front cover. It's the back of the fifth scenario. If you print the back cover on the back of the fifth scenario, what's on the back of the front cover?

JR
Scenario 1 on the back of the front cover.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Could also be a scenario on two sides of one card. Seems pretty easy to have an odd number actually. :)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Could also be a scenario on two sides of one card. Seems pretty easy to have an odd number actually. :)
I hope they print on two sides of different cards, because flipping one card over is inconvenient. I also expect that a scenario pack for ASLSK#1 doesn't have scenarios that require multiple card sides. There aren't that many kinds of infantry & SW (non-ordnance only) counters, and to need to specify enough separate groups for a side that you needed to fill a whole card would indicate to me that perhaps the scenario is over-egged.

JR

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Vehicle Notes (this is ASLSK), Scenario SSR, they only had 5 scenario ideas. I think your defense of even scenario count is sounding over-egged. :)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I am with JRV on this one there s/b six scenarios, one scenario per card face or 3 scenario cards plus a front and back cover.

Otherwise it just seems odd...pun intended...

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It can't be the back of the front cover. It's the back of the fifth scenario. If you print the back cover on the back of the fifth scenario, what's on the back of the front cover?

JR
Jr

Hello, The "back" of the front cover is one page of text, some designers notes, credits, etc. 2 pages with 4 scenarios and the 5th scenario will be on the "front" of the back cover. I hope this explains it and does not make it to over explained. :) This is done more for economics of paper and layout. The original pack idea had 5 scenarios and it stayed at that, so I had to make them fit and this was the most logical thing to do.

Thanks
Joe

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How can there be five scenarios in a scenario pack? What's on the last back side? This side intentionally left blank?

JR
I like you, JR. You make me smile.